Talk

Advanced search

Where can I buy spray or sheet glass frosting from please?

(15 Posts)
MamaG Thu 30-Aug-07 16:41:54

I need to make some clear kitchen doors opaque as rows of cleaning products ain't a good look

UCM Thu 30-Aug-07 16:44:55

here, I think they cut to size but you may find something cheaper if you google it. B&Q???

sarahlou1uk Thu 30-Aug-07 16:46:57

I got ours from Wilkinsons

cupcakes Thu 30-Aug-07 16:47:21

Brume is the one I was thinking of but I see UCM's linked it already.
I'm thinking if getting the one with the repeat pattern of tiny stars for the downstairs loo.

fruittea Thu 30-Aug-07 16:47:51

I got spray from B&Q

MamaG Thu 30-Aug-07 16:48:37

THank you

Brume looks expensive! fruittea, how did the spray one work out?

onlyWotz Thu 30-Aug-07 16:49:46

Homebase had some on rolls, but only on certain widths.

I have used it in our shower room and its still OK after 12months and looks quite good. Lots of nice patterns these days.

fruittea Thu 30-Aug-07 16:51:55

It was absolutely fine. Put a couple of fine coats on and it lasted well, I had it in some IKEA cabinets that I used in the kitchen for a couple of years, then as bathroom cabinets for a few more. It's probably not up to having items scuffing up against it too much, but I had no problems at all save the odd small scratch.

I think it's Plasticote or something like that - it's in the section with all the metal sprays, silver craft spray, stone-effect stuff, that sort of thing. Don't think I still have it but have something else from same/similar range so will check next time in garage.

MamaG Thu 30-Aug-07 16:53:39

Thanks

Wotz, ws the sheet stuff easy ot put on? I'm not great at this sort of thing

onlyWotz Thu 30-Aug-07 17:00:57

Fairly easy, easy instructions, you just need a steady hand and sharp knife. Its on my window, sometimes I peel a small corner back to peek out accross garden to see if my kids are ok and it still sticks back on as before. grin

MaryAnnSingleton Thu 30-Aug-07 17:03:51

Brume is v good - I have it on my front door - it has six square panes and they made the sheets to measure, so no pesky cutting out - v easy to put on,even for us.

MamaG Thu 30-Aug-07 22:45:48

lol wotz!

I might see how much Brume is.

Thanks

Toots Fri 31-Aug-07 14:37:23

try frostbrite. Think they come up cheaper than brume.

MamaG Sat 01-Sep-07 10:00:34

cheers toots

Whooosh Sat 01-Sep-07 10:10:39

THey sell the spray in Homebase as I was looking at it only yesterday....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: