Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Boden - new catalogue what do you think of the ladieswear?

(21 Posts)
SecondhandRose Wed 29-Aug-07 16:22:00

I thought a lot of it looks a bit grim and I don't like any of the patterned tops or dresses. What do those two eejits look like on page 112!

Johnnie sent me an email to ask what I thought of the change in direction. What do you think?

MaloryTowersHasManners Wed 29-Aug-07 16:23:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MaloryTowersHasManners Wed 29-Aug-07 16:23:59

jura Wed 29-Aug-07 16:24:39

jura Thu 30-Aug-07 16:05:50

lucykate Thu 30-Aug-07 16:09:11

same as usual for me, there are a couple of things i like, shoes/boots/bags too expensive for me, only at sale times.

didn't notice they had changed direction hmm

notasheep Thu 30-Aug-07 16:11:33

same old rubbishgrin

shreddies Thu 30-Aug-07 23:33:02

Dull, dull, dull.

Pinkchampagne Thu 30-Aug-07 23:37:01

I find it all pretty dull.

SecondhandRose Fri 31-Aug-07 09:46:45

So do you think it is duller than usual or always dull?

frogs Fri 31-Aug-07 10:02:15

I find the dull stuff dull, and the non-dull stuff a bit Trying-to-hard-to-be-wacky, and the prints are too recogniseably Boden.

I quite like this, but wonder whether it will be good for tall person with big boobs and non-skinny hips. Anyone ordered it yet?

hanaflower Fri 31-Aug-07 10:05:38

shreddies Fri 31-Aug-07 10:07:51

I think that's nice too Frogs, but £55? I know it's good quality and all, but I think that's a lot for a fairly average cardie. (Think it would work on a big boobed person tho)

frogs Fri 31-Aug-07 10:11:23

It is a lot up front, but maybe worth it if it turns out to be a truly great cardi and gets worn umpteen times for a couple of years. I tend to work out cost on a per-wear basis -- if I spend £100 on a pair of Max Mara trousers and wear them several times a week for a couple of winters, then they're actually cheaper than a not-quite-right pair from Primark that get worn five times and then live in the cupboard on account of their not-quite-rightness.

So is this a truly great cardi, or not. Suspect not, myself, but maybe should order to check. Hmm.

GrumpyOldHorsewoman Fri 31-Aug-07 10:14:33

I would sell one of my children (DD1, incidentally) for the tartan bag.

But then I'd have to, just to be able to afford it.

shreddies Fri 31-Aug-07 10:17:33

Absolutely, I understand what you are saying and think there is no point in buying cheap crappola in bulk. If it is really useful and you will wear it over and over again, then it's a good buy smile

Pinkchampagne Fri 31-Aug-07 10:34:07

I always find it quite dull tbh, or like frogs says "over wacky", although I like some of the childrens bits.
I've never found anything I like for myself other than a swimming costume & a pair of pyjama bottoms!

GrumpyOldHorsewoman Fri 31-Aug-07 11:07:09

i think I have only ever bought myself a couple of things from Boden.

Mini Boden, OTOH.....

cupcakes Fri 31-Aug-07 11:30:43

I like:
the cashmere slouchy v neck (but cashmere?! handwash nightmare)
the favourite scoop neck and cardigan knits
the smartish jersey scoop neck
the antique gold leather pumps
the chunky knit scarf and hat
bootcut cord trousers or maybe the moleskin ones
stripy cotton skirt

and I don't normally go for smart clothes as I never go out but I really like this 'fun' skirt

SixInTheBed Fri 31-Aug-07 13:15:37

Got the hotchpotch jersey dress- much more flattering on than in photo i'm glad to say- and also the favourite moleskin skirt and fitted jersey cardi - both really nice and a good fit .Have the hotchpotch top as well but not sure about it, nice on but a bit tight I think.Overall happy and worth it if I actually wear the stuff. Fed up of buying cheap clothes, wearing them once or twice and realising that the only bits of me they accentuate are the bad bits.

Slubberdegullion Fri 31-Aug-07 13:20:13

Well I am currently wearing my brand spanking new just cut out of the bag this morning wide leg jeans.

They are lovely, I'm really pleased, my bottom does actually look smaller in them (all praise to the optical illusioness of the Boden jeans). huurah.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now