Talk

Advanced search

any of you ladies use an epilater?

(21 Posts)
smeeinit Tue 28-Aug-07 11:11:15

thinking about getting one,few questions......
are they easy to use?
do they really work?!
and whats the best one to get?
TIA grin

cornsilk Tue 28-Aug-07 11:13:35

Yes they're great - get one. I need a new one actually. I've got silkepil at the moment.

smeeinit Tue 28-Aug-07 11:15:33

so will it take me a while to master the art or is it just turn on and away you go?!!!

cornsilk Tue 28-Aug-07 11:16:53

Yes just turn on and go for it. I didn't find it that painful at all and it gets less so the more you use it.

TigerFeet Tue 28-Aug-07 11:17:17

don't they really hurt?? [cowardy custard]

can they be used for lady garden maintenance?

smeeinit Tue 28-Aug-07 11:18:05

oh shit its not painfull is it?! hadnt thought of that!!!

smeeinit Tue 28-Aug-07 11:18:51

dont know if id want to put it near my lady garden! i shall just carry on giving the old girl a neat trim!!

cornsilk Tue 28-Aug-07 11:21:36

I just use mine on my legs! Don't think it's a good idea to use it for a lady garden!

Ishouldbeworking Tue 28-Aug-07 18:31:37

Legs and underarms yes, lady garden ooooh no! I find that it doesn't hurt underarm at all but depending on time of the month, doing my legs sometimes makes my eyes water.

smeeinit Tue 28-Aug-07 18:52:49

SO DOES IT JUST FEEL LIKE PLUCKING?

smeeinit Tue 28-Aug-07 18:53:04

oops sorry didnt mean to shout!!

Ishouldbeworking Tue 28-Aug-07 19:05:15

Pardon? Could you speak up grin

Yes - not as painful as waxing can be. I find it only hurts for the first few seconds. Then it sort of goes comfortably numb.

muppetgirl Tue 28-Aug-07 19:12:05

I do! (did though as pgrt and can't see ladygarden let alone reach legs!!)

I do ladygarden -yes eye watering but really effective, smooth for weeks and gives me confidence to wear nice knickers that nothing else has

I do legs - yes feels likle plucking put does go numb after a while.

Would love to get electrolosis on lg but not brave enough so this is the next best thing for me.

Oh, a friend says you are more prone to ingrowing hairs though but I haven't noticed this...

ntsmum Tue 28-Aug-07 19:13:34

I use mine on my ladygarden (have to trim first) and also underarms. Marvellous things, imo.

muppetgirl Tue 28-Aug-07 19:20:54

Underarms seem a little painful...are they?

bubblerock Tue 28-Aug-07 19:27:25

I use mine for everything and it's great. I stopped for a couple of months last year and used a razor but when I used the epilator again it hurt like the first time - so it must get less painful the more you do it. It helps to have a pin to lift hairs under the skin on your legs or maybe exfoliate well before hand as it doesn't scrape the skin like a razor.

nightowl Tue 28-Aug-07 19:27:48

i have one but dont use it much as it takes so long. never used it on the old ladygarden but underarms and legs were ok if a tad painful. it came with a little ice pounch thing which i couldnt be bothered to put in the freezer. it looks good and feels very smooth but mine still grew back quite quickly. does get rid of the stubbly underarm thing though.

nightowl Tue 28-Aug-07 19:29:15

erm that would be ice pouch btw

smeeinit Tue 28-Aug-07 20:01:56

so whats the best one to get then ladies?

Ishouldbeworking Wed 29-Aug-07 17:01:23

Mine is a Philips Satinelle but I did buy it a few years ago. In fact I was buying wax strips at Boots and the woman on the till persauded me to get that instead. It's OK - I don't know whether there have been big changes in the epilator world since I bought it!

SlightlyMadShockwave Wed 29-Aug-07 17:14:17

I have an old one so can't comment on which one as they have all beein updated.

They are fab...you can epilate with stubble which you can't wax with. Also over time your hairs become thinner and less and less grow back each time.

I only use it on my legs though - not going near anything else (I did try my armpits once - never neverm ever again).
I don't use my "pain reducing vibrating attatchment" thing - it is not necessary IMO and doesn't do much (although havn't tried the ice one and see comments abover about anything apart from legs).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now