Talk

Advanced search

Maxi cosi Tobi or XP ?? (sorry if this has been done b4)

(7 Posts)
MummyDarlingSausage Fri 24-Aug-07 21:47:33

I am thinking about what car seat to get next for ds. My dd (4) had an xp and it was brilliant - now I see they have a Tobi aswell as an xp. Does anyone know the difference or compared the 2? Thanks for any info

NannyL Fri 24-Aug-07 22:28:20

the tobi straps in more securely and scores better for safely when tested by the Which magazine

It also has a belt thing that keeps the belt up while the child gets in, but ive herd people say that using these things is a pain and a faff (and they arnt optional)

Ultimatly the Tobi is the safer car seat, BUT as group 1 car seats go the maxi cosi prior still scored pretty highly compared to many otehrs for sale

moodlumthehoodlum Fri 24-Aug-07 22:43:18

I had both, and on balance prefer the Tobi, it just feels more robust. And, although the belt thing is a faff, the straps never get twisted, and that is a joy in comparison with the Priori XP which used to get twisted all the time.

MummyDarlingSausage Fri 24-Aug-07 23:00:46

Thanks for the replies - I think I'll have to have a look at the tobi to see what you mean about the straps as i think i'd rather have the simplest to use

Jenkeylovesdazzy Fri 24-Aug-07 23:05:07

I have two xp's and the straps do get twisted all the time but I specifically didn't buy a tobi after reading on here that the mechanism which holds the harness open constantly gets stuck and if you get any crumbs of food and and stuff it all goes pear shaped. If you search for maxi cose tobi there have been quite a few threads here with useful info.

Carameli Sun 26-Aug-07 13:55:43

A couple of months ago I had to change my car seat and dh had a bash with my car and the insurance said we might as well get a new one rather than take any chance. Had a Priori XP before and it has been fab, but I know what people mean about the belts getting twisted.

We got a Tobi this time as it came out slightly better in the tests. I have not had any problems with the straps at all. My daughter loves it, has a better head rest support as well. So really pleased with it.

With regard to the thing about crumbs etc there is now a soft over thing you can get free from Maxi Cosi to cover the harness part to prevent this.

Paddlechick666 Sun 26-Aug-07 14:13:10

i've got the Tobi in my car and the XP in my mother's (and another xp in my CMs actually but that's beside the point!).

DD is very comfortable in both but I find she reclines better in the XP than the Tobi. This could be because of the car tho, I have a Berlingo and the seats are very squishy and Halfords tell me that's why....

The straps on the Tobi do get stuck every now and then but they always free up and the head support is fantastic.

If I was buying again I'd probably go for the Tobi again. My choice was based on the Which! report.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now