Talk

Advanced search

Stokke Xplory

(9 Posts)
PTA Fri 24-Aug-07 17:59:07

Hi there,

Does anyone use the Stokke Xplory and is it any good.

DS2 has special needs and will be moving from a pram to a buggy shortly and I like the idea that he can still face me in the Xplory and I can keep an eye on him better than in a front facing buggy.

Any thoughts anyone?

Ta much,

P.

LadyTophamHatt Fri 24-Aug-07 18:04:03

I haven't got one, IMO they are ugly but from lloking at them the seat seems quite small.

If you want it for a older child (ie one under 18months) then i think he/she might be abit squished.

LadyVictoriaOfCake Fri 24-Aug-07 18:05:28

the seat is surpisingly roomy.

if you get a second hand one then check to see if its been serviced recently as they have recalled all of the pre2007 models.

LadyTophamHatt Fri 24-Aug-07 18:06:23

I stand corrected by MN/s queen of buggiesgrin

Listen to ladyvic, she knows her buggies.

PTA Fri 24-Aug-07 18:07:58

Thanks both of you. DS2 will be 1 next week but is still quite small as he was 10weeks early.

LadyVictoriaOfCake Fri 24-Aug-07 18:09:41

i was very surpirsed when i had one here for a short while when it went in for service. the high seat position is good unless you are a shorty like me then you cant see over it lol. dd3 has bags of room in it. (please note i did not pay much for it, and sold it on for more once it had been serviced by stokke, just on case anyone comments)

PTA Fri 24-Aug-07 18:25:47

I'm 5'8 so shouldn't have a problem seeing over it.

How did you find it for manoverablity? Did people stop and stare at the unusual design?

I'm in a small town on the West coast of Scotland, not exactly known for it's trendsetting or cutting edge design!

LadyVictoriaOfCake Fri 24-Aug-07 18:35:19

very easy to manovre. yes to people stopping and staring.

PTA Fri 24-Aug-07 18:40:41

Wonder if I can put up with the attention as it's not likely to be complementary, more like, "Wot the f* is that? Who the f* does she think she is?"!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now