Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Looking for navy wellies and a coat like this.....have you seen them? Eddie Bauer kids? HELP ME!!!!!

(10 Posts)
GrumpyOldJetlaggedWoman Thu 23-Aug-07 12:21:54

I am sick of pink Barbie and sparkly crap, and want a normal plain pair of navy wellies (the ones with the 'handles' on the legs to make them easier to pull on) and a yellow raincoat like the one here, but costing less than £46!

I saw exactly the wellies I want on an Eddie Bauer ad in an American magazine, but can I find Eddie Bauer Kids on th'internet? NO! So any of our American cousins who know where I might find them, please check in here. Desperately in need, here on the stableyard.

MilaMae Thu 23-Aug-07 17:00:08

We've got a yellow raincoat from Gap the best one we've ever had. Brilliant hood. I know I've seen them elsewhere too but can't remember where.

hana Thu 23-Aug-07 17:01:49

some of the boden fleecy raincoats aren't too bad
have you tried a garden center? they usually have a good selection and not all pink

I am drowning in pink with 3 girls.......the older 2 insist on pink and the youngest just inherits it all....sigh!

LIZS Thu 23-Aug-07 17:02:12

These come in navy but no handles. Muddy Puddles do that style of waterproofs or perhaps H and M. There is a store called Jo Kids which often was at outlet places, stocking similar.

GrumpyOldJetlaggedWoman Fri 24-Aug-07 10:51:31

Thanks. I tried Muddy Puddles, but couldn't see quite what I wanted. I do really want handles on the wellies - it makes them sooo much easier to pull on (especially when they are plastered in mud!)

DD1 had a jacket like the Petit Bateau one, but I remember getting it from La Redoute and that was about 10 years ago (Big age gap - never thought I'd need it again!) It was fab, really waterproof because it is a rubbery sort of outer shell with a nice comfy cotton lining - alot of the waterproofs have no lining and can get very clammy and uncomfortable (they get damp inside - yuck)

You'd think, wouldn't you, that in this miserable country of rain, rain and more rain, finding weatherproof clothes would be a doddle...

JackieNo Fri 24-Aug-07 10:58:28

Yellow coat? Still not cheap though. Just noticed link doesn't work - try searching for it - it's called the 'Abeko and Nordic Tells' raincoat, £23.

JackieNo Fri 24-Aug-07 11:01:38

Or how about some of these?

JackieNo Fri 24-Aug-07 11:03:27

These come in yellow.

GrumpyOldJetlaggedWoman Fri 24-Aug-07 11:09:45

Jackie, you are a veritable font of information!

The first link with the nordic jacket came closest..if it had a cotton/jersey lining it would have been perfect (fussy little girl who will never wear anything again if she has memories of any discomfort whatsoever). I have found quite a few pairs of wellies with handles, unfortunately none of them plain. AAARGH!

Thanks for your help; feel free to keep 'researching'...

GrumpyOldJetlaggedWoman Fri 24-Aug-07 12:42:26

I've caved.

To my eternal disgrace I have just ordered the Petit Bateau one at a cost (including 15% discount) of 40 quid.

I'm going to make her wear it every day, rain or shine.

Now, if I can only find me them there wellies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now