Talk

Advanced search

right, i need present ideas for dd2 5th birthday

(15 Posts)
LadyVictoriaOfCake Tue 21-Aug-07 10:05:53

all has to be purchased online. as dd2 + 3 arent well, and well Peter is currently recovering

she is a touch tomboyish, has a nintendo Ds (can get one game?), not into pixel chicks/polly pocket/barbie at all. loves disney cars.

also what can i do for a party? would have to be visit peter in the morning then something i nthe afternoon.

WanderingTrolley Tue 21-Aug-07 10:11:12

Ask Peter: What toys would you like to play with, with dd2?

Now jigsaws and reading aren't the limit of what he can do with them, he might have a few ideas.

Look for outdoor/garden toys.

Party out somewhere - picnic, everyone bring your own food, you supply the cake? Nobody will expect you to put on a big do.

If you want to trek into London, the Natural History and Science Museums have good indoor picnic areas, if it's raining.

LadyVictoriaOfCake Tue 21-Aug-07 10:14:20

wont get time to get into london on the same day, as harefield is wrong direction.

peter isnt really up to answering things about presents atm, and i am confined to the house with the dd's due to them being ill.

dd2 birthday is the 1st sept, so not long.

bozza Tue 21-Aug-07 10:14:46

My two (DS, 6, and DD, 3) are really into the cars and they have several as does my nephew. My SIL has got my nephew the Mack truck for his birthday. I think it is about £15. Also my DS has the Cars playstation game which he loves - don't know if they have a Nintendo DS version.

What about lego?

WanderingTrolley Tue 21-Aug-07 10:17:02

Sorry, that sounded really rude about Peter!

Hope you know what I meant - now he'll be able to be a bit more active with the children, there might be things he's looking forward to doing with them.

Computer being v slow at the moment, as am I - take your point about him not up to answering questions yet, sorry again.

I am going to go and flick through the Argos catalogue...

LadyVictoriaOfCake Tue 21-Aug-07 10:22:29

no no WT, not at all rude i cant speak to him on the phone yet anyay as he isnt mobile. he told me to get her anything she wanted (thw whole argos book worth then lol lol)

LadyVictoriaOfCake Tue 21-Aug-07 10:24:02

i've just got a load of cars off happyfeet for dd2, the hard to find ones. but will need a box to put them in as are second hand and not BNIB. will try and hunt out a mack for her as well.

what DVD's are good atm?

think she mentioned a tea party in the garden again, she seems to love them.

cazzybabs Tue 21-Aug-07 10:31:20

what about craft things. dd1 was into hamma beads or lego. A cd player and some cds? A tea party sounds fab - what about a treasure hunt?

Am so glad Peter is on the mend!

LadyVictoriaOfCake Tue 21-Aug-07 10:32:22

they have loads of craft things, they are currently making bracelets. dd1 just made me one like peters awww.

cazzybabs Tue 21-Aug-07 10:35:39

What about a disposible camera and a scrap book so she could make a scrap book of her party to show daddy?

SOme kind of science thing - bug hunter stuff?

LadyVictoriaOfCake Tue 21-Aug-07 10:37:57

ooo bug hunter stuff. good idea.

guess its too late for the butterfly stuff, cant even remember where i saw it tbh

Vinegar Tue 21-Aug-07 10:40:45

Geomags or kidknex are good. A scooter maybe?

Regarding a party-a few children to a softplay centre or gymnastic club.

WanderingTrolley Tue 21-Aug-07 10:51:50

Some random thoughts

Pink keyboard, also in silver

Scalextric

Badge maker

Light up skipping rope

Baby chimp!

Countingthegreyhairs Tue 21-Aug-07 11:06:24

Maybe a marble run?

Easy party suggestions:
bought cake
bubble machine (if weather OK)
jumping on bubble wrap (has to be big bubbled variety) - great hit usually
order helium balloons (pre-filled) on line - doubles up as decorations and can be present instead of party bag if offered with a piece of cake (get colours both boys and girls like)
Party Pieces has good pre-wrapped pass the parcels and pin tail on donkey etc.

Good luck!

cazzybabs Tue 21-Aug-07 20:55:21

Got the GLTC catelogue today - loads of nice looking craft things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now