Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

swim nappy

(9 Posts)
hettie Sun 19-Aug-07 08:56:32

I really could do with some guidance. About to take ds swimming next week and have no clue.
Do i put an ordinary nappy under a swim nappy? I usualy use re-usables so..... Or is there a special disposable swim nappy? Or do I buy a swim nappy and then use only that? If so are there some that are better than others at containing things?
Help!

Bubbaloo Sun 19-Aug-07 09:08:39

You can buy the disposable swim nappies,like Huggies little swimmers.Just that on it's own should be fine.We use them and then put Ds1's shorts on over the top,so you can't see it.

belgo Sun 19-Aug-07 09:12:16

you can buy reusuable swim nappies from mothercare. I've found them to be good.

do not use an ordinary disposible nappy in the pool! they swell up the size of a football. The disposible swim nappies are quite good, but I found them too big for my dd2.

ChasingSquirrels Sun 19-Aug-07 09:24:37

lots of places sell reusable swim nappies - either shaped like pants that you just pull on or like a disposable that you velcro/tie together.
We had the 2nd type for ds1 and ds2 has been using them, but I just got a new one of the 1st type (old one got a hole in it) and find it better.

belgo Sun 19-Aug-07 09:40:05

I agree chasing squirells. I bought a washable swim nappy with the velcro and tie, and was told you should use a disposible was nappy underneath it. I really didn't like it.

The cheapy mothercare one has lasted far better.

belgo Sun 19-Aug-07 09:40:49

I mean 'disposible swim nappy' not 'disposible was nappy'

ChasingSquirrels Sun 19-Aug-07 10:34:01

oh, I never used a disposable swim nappy under the velcro & tie one, just on its own. I think they maybe better for tiny babies, but pants ones are better for 6mo+. I got the tie on one first because I had visions of having to get a pooey pants type off a baby.

hettie Sun 19-Aug-07 15:53:27

mme- well as we've started solids (6 months now I can't believe it!) am less worried about explosive bf pooh! Would probably go for reusable ones but can they be adjusted to acomodate a bit of growth?

ChasingSquirrels Sun 19-Aug-07 16:09:03

I had 2 tie on ones with ds1, 6-11kg and 11-18kg (I think) and they covered him from about 5mo to until he stopped using a swim nappy (around 2yo).
The pants one that I brought said 18-24mo so some growth room - mine was £5, dunno how much disposable ones are so I guess it depends how much you swim - and how green you want to be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now