Talk

Advanced search

Saxophones

(11 Posts)
SueW Sat 18-Aug-07 14:51:33

We're looking for a saxophone (YAS 275) for DD and I can't believe the difference in prices.

No-one is selling it at the price they say is RRP - about £800 - but the prices they are selling at range from £650 to £499 (all brand new instruments.

Grr....

grouchyoscar Sat 18-Aug-07 14:56:21

Saw one on ebuyer for less than 300 quid

hope that helps

Nbg Sat 18-Aug-07 15:03:43

Deffo look on ebay and classified ad's.

grouchyoscar Sat 18-Aug-07 15:23:25

Here is the one I saw.

Hope that helps

SueW Sat 18-Aug-07 15:54:28

Thanks you two

grouchy - it has to be a yamaha 275 apparently.

I've been watching some on ebay on and off and they command a good secondhand price - around £400 - although there was one which was sold at £250 buy it now a couple of days ago which I missed

Is there a way for ebay to let me know when people list what I want? (I'm almost an ebay virgin, having bought only one thing ever and had to send that back cos it was appalling!)

SueW Sat 18-Aug-07 15:56:02

Oh dur. I have just seen the place to click and it will do that.

Brain... dangerous... mutter.... mutter ....

grouchyoscar Sat 18-Aug-07 18:33:04

Sue...there is, I've been doing it with a couple of products...I'll find out for you....BRB

grouchyoscar Sat 18-Aug-07 19:06:14

OK, when you search for an item on eBay thbere is a link that says 'Save this search' Click on that and take it from there.

Sorry if you worked it out in advance, good luck with the hunt

SueW Sat 18-Aug-07 19:15:37

Thx Fingers crossed.

PeachesMcLean Sat 18-Aug-07 19:18:05

Just out of interest, are you after an alto or a tenor? No particular reason, I'm just interested in what they cost. haven't looked in a very long time and might think about it again for DS at some stage.

SueW Sat 18-Aug-07 21:00:49

Alto. The Yamaha was recommended by the teacher who steered us away from the ?Trevor James which the local supplier had an excellent deal on. She said it would be fine if we couldn't afford better but if we could go a little further the Yamaha was much better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now