Talk

Advanced search

suncream for eczema and rash prone ds....any recommendations?

(28 Posts)
brimfull Fri 17-Aug-07 10:26:39

off on hols on mondya and can't find the usual one I know he can tolerate.
It's called bergderm and was sold in waitrose but couldn't find any anywhere yesterday.
Does anyone know of one that is suitable for the super sensitive ?

brimfull Fri 17-Aug-07 19:56:52

anyone seen bargaderm on the high street?

Quootiepie Fri 17-Aug-07 19:58:43

DS has sort of eczema/dry skin and is fine with Nivia baby sun lotion SPF 50, but then I am not 100% it is eczema. Have you tried asking in boots? x

cousinsandra Fri 17-Aug-07 19:58:50

My mil got an aloe based one from a health food shop, but sorry to be so vague, don't know any more details, but may be worth asking Holland & Barrett or equivalent?

KerryMumbledore Fri 17-Aug-07 19:59:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

smeeinit Fri 17-Aug-07 20:00:59

roc suncream, a friend of mine gets it prescribed by the doctor fro her ds.

Beauregard Fri 17-Aug-07 20:01:44

Have you tried Aveeno suncream?
Trouble is you can only buy it online.

brimfull Fri 17-Aug-07 20:01:47

nivea one makes him itch unfortunately

would like to try the green people one,but it's £10 so would ideally like to know if anyone else in same situation has tried it.

popsycal Fri 17-Aug-07 20:05:33

nivea for children factor 40 is fine on ds2

tutu100 Fri 17-Aug-07 20:10:51

I bought lavera for my ds this year it was pricey at £13 and the highest factcor is 25, but his skin was absolutely fine with it.

bran Fri 17-Aug-07 20:14:42

I used Bergaderm last year on ds, this year I have been using Dr Hauschka with no ill effects, although ds only has mild ezcema anyway. It is scarily expensive though, and the factor 30 is quite thick and difficult to spread, the factor 15 is fine though.

Pelvicfloornomore, where you do you get your Aveeno sunscreen from? I've just ordered some from the States to try it, but with shipping it works out almost as expensive as the Dr Hauschka.

I think next year (unless the Aveeno is very good) I will use Bergaderm on his body as it's so easy to apply and Dr Hauschka on his face as Bergaderm stings like hell if you get it in your eyes.

The other one you might be able to get which would be very mild is Bert's Bees baby sunscreen, which I'm sure I've seen in the baby section at Waitrose.

Beauregard Fri 17-Aug-07 20:16:24

here

brimfull Fri 17-Aug-07 20:18:03

thanks for your replies,

bran ,agree about the bregaderm stinging the eyes.Where do you normally by it from,I can't seem to find it anywhere except online and it's too late now.

cousinsandra Fri 17-Aug-07 20:18:52

ooooh, dr hauschka, surely too delightful for littles? I once had a dr h. facial and it was heavenly...

bran Fri 17-Aug-07 20:32:01

I'm sure I saw Bergaderm in the supermarket, possibly not Waitrose which is my usual supermarket and not Asda because I was in there today looking at what sunscreens they had. Which leaves Sainburys or Tesco. I'm pretty sure I've seen it in Boots too.

bran Fri 17-Aug-07 20:43:58

I think it might have been Waitrose afterall. I'm not sure if they will still have it though this late in the summer.

PestoMonster Fri 17-Aug-07 20:44:34

Why don't you get your GP to prescribe it for you? Mine prescribes the E45 suncream for my dd2 and will even do repeats during the summer.

boo64 Fri 17-Aug-07 22:26:44

Just curious - what is the rash like - ds's is kind of spotty - just like regular zits and sometimes with a bit of a white head (sorry if tmi!)

I tried Green People's one on ds and it was no good for him - same problem as with all the others.

I've given up now, and helped by the cr*p weather have managed with just having him wear a sun hat (he only has this problem on his face so can wear any suncream elsewhere) but we are off on holiday in a couple of weeks and I'm a bit worried about it so need to try again

brimfull Fri 17-Aug-07 22:44:23

boo64- it's a fine rash of red dry rough spots and very itchy,like heat rash I suppose but happens without heat iyswim.

boo64 Fri 17-Aug-07 23:02:04

I don't think ds's are very itchy - the GP said it was infantile ezcema but I'm still not convinced about why there are spots

RainingCatsandDogs Sat 18-Aug-07 10:22:02

Dr Hausckha _ I know relatively expensive... But only thing that worked for dd.Very good.

Roseylea Sat 18-Aug-07 10:28:00

this is what my children's speclaist eczema nurse recommended.

brimfull Sat 18-Aug-07 10:39:44

roseylea-can you buy it on the high street.I need it as going to turkey on monday morning?

Can possibly get dr haushka stuff in local shop.

Roseylea Sat 18-Aug-07 10:54:30

I think so, but it depends where you live - you might need a big Boots or something like that.

It's a nightmare getting the right suncare for dc with eczem isn't it?

Babbit Sat 18-Aug-07 10:57:17

Try Weleda. If you ring them today they will let you have details of their stockists. Again, a natural product which has the benefit of working immediately.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now