Advanced search

which UK supermarkets have these cheap clothes?

(9 Posts)
skerriesmum Thu 16-Aug-07 20:22:11

Joe, George, Cherokee?
They are all coming into Canada now at Wal-Mart etc. Are Joe clothes nicer than George?

NannyL Thu 16-Aug-07 20:23:16

Ndver herd of Joe

Cherokee = Tesco
George = Asda (now walmart)

skerriesmum Thu 16-Aug-07 20:26:07

Thanks! Maybe Joe are new then, I thought I'd seen them in Ireland somewhere! So Asda are now owned by WalMart. Interesting.

Bouquetsofdynomite Thu 16-Aug-07 20:27:43

Tesco aren't that great quality tbh. George is much better, better design too IMO.

hana Fri 17-Aug-07 03:57:05

I thought 'Joe' was a new line at the Superstore? and not British at all?

I always think Tesco stuff is betetr quality than Asda.

fedupwasherwoman Fri 17-Aug-07 10:28:07

I think Asda quality is better (George brand).

Tesco (Cherokee)T shirts seem to end up with twisted seams making ironing take longer and the Asda (George) don't seem to have this problem. I've had buttons fall off Cherokee clothes quite quickly and I hate sewing.

mamazon Fri 17-Aug-07 10:30:06

don't like cherokee at all but get quite a lot of the kids clothes from george....its so cheap i don't mind them wearing them at the park or the garden.

Bouquetsofdynomite Fri 17-Aug-07 12:40:48

I've seen big inconsistencies in quality between identical items on rails at Tesco, some really ratty tattiness! Really brings home the sweatshop labour involved in such cheap prices . Somehow, George clothes let me forget about that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now