Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

nursery rhyme CD

(11 Posts)
hettie Wed 15-Aug-07 13:16:52

anyone got one they would recomend? My mum gave us a lovely book, but I can't remember any of the tunes!
Prefereably somehting that could be played in the car with out driving me a dh nuts

whomovedmychocolate Wed 15-Aug-07 16:48:48

there is one free with mother and baby mag this month which is quite good

hettie Fri 17-Aug-07 18:41:14

ooh thanks chocoalte... will investigate

Dragonhart Sat 18-Aug-07 00:05:18

I just bought this one and I think it is good. It is sung by 'posh' children and adults which I liked and is not popy at all (got given an awful one that is like nursery rhymes remixed into a euro pop style!). Lots of them so good in the car!

2shoes Sat 18-Aug-07 00:08:22

i have loads if you let me know what rhymes you like I could do you a disc. donksank2@yahoo.co.uk

AgathaRose Fri 14-Sep-07 21:09:36

For a bit of variety there is a fantastic Pete Seeger CD called 'Birds, Beasts, Bugs and Fishes'. It includes Seeger's lovely interpretation of some more familiar nursery tunes as well as masses that i didn't know but now love. My 2 year-old adores it.

kbaby Sat 15-Sep-07 22:39:47

There are some good Mickey mouse/ pooh bear disney ones, there are the normal nursery rhymes and other unusual songs that are very catchy. Its the only ones I enjoy singing along to and we have 6 different cd's in the car on continuous loop.

heres a link to one of them
www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=1063618&cart=598064374&BAB=E see the tracks at the bottom of the page. You have to listen to reuben and rachel, thats my fave one.

Another good one is ELC animal rhymes.

redtent Sat 15-Sep-07 23:47:25

Definately the National Trust one!!

You can buy it in any national trust shop.

AgathaRose Tue 18-Sep-07 12:08:23

Hi Redtent -I've looked on Amazon and the Nat Trust website and can't find your recommendation. -What is it called?

redtent Tue 18-Sep-07 14:25:53

boys are in bed right now but I'll look later and luk. I couldn't find it on amazon either.

I have not seen it online- only in the shops.

It is an excellent trad and fun cd with good quality music and singing (am a music graduate so perfectionist there ;) ).

If you wanted help getting one lmk - I can pick one up locally and post np.

AgathaRose Sun 23-Sep-07 13:11:48

That's really kind of you Redtent. -Don't want you to go to any trouble but if you could just give me the name or details, i'll try to find it. -I've heard so many awful kids CDs so i'm keen to follow recommendations like yours. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now