Talk

Advanced search

am going square eyed looking at handheld vacuum cleaner reviews online... aew aNY of them any good?? i want one that works please!

(19 Posts)
Tranquila Tue 14-Aug-07 15:55:09

?

Tranquila Tue 14-Aug-07 17:55:30

anyone?
are they all utter pants?

hunkermunker Tue 14-Aug-07 17:56:19

<watches with interest>

I don't have one, but I want one!

SlightlyMadSpider Tue 14-Aug-07 17:59:11

Have you seen any which reports/recommendations? Would you like me to check them for you or have you done that?

Tranquila Tue 14-Aug-07 21:37:49

ooh, no i havnt SMS. which website has effect of highway code years ago..ie, sends me to sleep in seconds... maybe i should brave it and have a look but i always seem to get sucked into some terminally boring quagmire of information about things i never needor want to know about!
<pathertic>

TequilaMockinBird Tue 14-Aug-07 21:39:27

I bought a Hoover Dustbuster about a month ago for use in the car and i have to say that I'm quite impressed with it!

It sucks up all of DD's crumbs, sequins, glitter, grass etc... very well

binklehasflipped Tue 14-Aug-07 21:39:34

we've got a little dyson rechargeable one

pros: very powerful, no cord
cons: expensive and only works for around 5 mins before it needs recharging

good for whizzing over the car seats etc tho

Tranquila Tue 14-Aug-07 21:44:45

ok...good to know.

i have used a dustbster or two over the years (never actually bought one, but ive never really been grown up enough for that tbh)... and my overrriding impression is that they suck v poorly and are about as effective as the rhythm method.
is this because they have all been old machines do we think? would a new one perform better?

Bewilderbeast Tue 14-Aug-07 21:45:34

love my baby dyson (although it has got some moldy baby food stuck in it which i really need to clean out cos it whiffs)

TequilaMockinBird Tue 14-Aug-07 21:46:49

Well I've only had mine a month and used it 3 times so theres is the possibility that the suction will become poorer.

I do know though that you can buy different kinds of dustbuster and they all have different voltages - i'm not very technical so have no idea if this improves the suction or not lol! The one I have is 9.6v and is the 2nd highest i think!

Tranquila Tue 14-Aug-07 21:47:08

i killed a Henry by hoovering up food mess after the kids meals. that whiff was astonishingly tart, let me tell you

BirdyArms Tue 14-Aug-07 21:48:22

I have a black & decker dustbuster - bought without does any research and haven't used any others. It's fine, good enough suction but does lose power fairly quickly, not too much of a problem as only tend to use it for quick bits of cleaning up.

Tranquila Tue 14-Aug-07 21:49:15

ah tequila, thats prob it. no doubt at all that i would have been exposed only to the cheapest, most pathetic of models. that would explain unsatisfying suction [snigger]

TequilaMockinBird Tue 14-Aug-07 21:49:50

I need to confess - mine is Black and Decker too

No idea where i got Hoover from??!!!

Tranquila Tue 14-Aug-07 21:50:37

yes, from looking today, even the 'best' ones seem to boast 'ten whole minutes of use after 16 hours of charging' !!
sounds pretty lame to me...

Tranquila Tue 14-Aug-07 21:51:33

a quick whizz round my van would take a lot longer than ten minues, i can tell you

Tranquila Tue 14-Aug-07 22:06:24

so, no-ones come up with anything particularly convincing yet...
i think we may have to stick with the dustpan and brush hunker.
how very dull.

uberalicelongbottom Tue 14-Aug-07 22:09:33

I've got a Black and Decker Dustbuster 9.6v. The battery is a bit crap so it needs to be on charge all the time, otherwise it won't work at all. It's OK for picking up crumbs from a hard floor, but no good on carpet. 3 yr old ds enjoys using it though.

Tranquila Tue 14-Aug-07 22:11:43

<sigh>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: