Talk

Advanced search

Ok MNers help me out here

(12 Posts)
Indith Mon 13-Aug-07 20:16:42

When I was a little thing I had a fisher price activity centre, a rectangular thing that could fit to the bars of my play pen. It had things to spin and push and my ds loves it. Of course, it lives at my parents' house.

I really want something similar for here and ds is getting a bit bored with his rattles. I need a couple of toys for him (he is 7 months) that don't involve batteries and music and so on but I can't seem to find anything at all.

Doubt I'll be back on tonight so I shall leave thins in your capable hands and check back tomorrow sometime.

Thanks in advance

ledodgy Mon 13-Aug-07 20:20:40

I spent ages looking for one of these too I think your best bit is the vinatge fisher price section on ebay there isn't any there atm though i've just ahd a look for you. I couldn't find the modern equivalent either all needed batteries and have flashing lights etc.

LIZS Mon 13-Aug-07 20:38:21

elc also used to do one. Most seem to needs batteries like this one or this

LIZS Mon 13-Aug-07 20:47:07

You mean this

LIZS Mon 13-Aug-07 20:51:34

or perhaps this !

LIZS Mon 13-Aug-07 20:52:29

or similar

MrsBadger Mon 13-Aug-07 20:57:26

I had the one on the first ebay link when I was a baby too and agree vinatge is the way to go - met a 1yo at the weekend whose favourite toy is the 1970s F-P wind-up 'radio'...

The only thing I can think of is something along these lines
or get a modern one and just don;t put the batteries in.

crokky Mon 13-Aug-07 20:59:41

Could you take the batteries out?
There are ranges of traditional toys at John Lewis I think

ledodgy Mon 13-Aug-07 21:00:07

Nice one Lizs I only looked in vintage. There's loads of them!

ledodgy Mon 13-Aug-07 21:00:44

It's the one in your first link I remember it was brill.

Pannacotta Mon 13-Aug-07 21:11:57

Agree look on ebay for vintage FIsher Price. My mother has kept a few FP wind up toys we had as kids and DS1 loves them all (clock and radio tyoe things)....

Indith Tue 14-Aug-07 20:02:36

Thank you all so much! I don't know why but ebay never crossed my mind. And me normally such an addict too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now