Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got the Maclaren Techno XLR Travel System 2007 - what's it like?

(6 Posts)
SweetyDarling Mon 13-Aug-07 18:16:32

Anyone got the Maclaren Techno XLR Travel System 2007 - what's it like?
How would it be for a newborn?

MrsBadger Mon 13-Aug-07 18:36:50

The Techno is def the best stroller for a newborn, don't know about the travel system version.
Does the carseat fit your car?

SweetyDarling Mon 13-Aug-07 20:25:49

Yeah - plenty of room in the back. Has an isofix base which is why I'm interested in it. Car has isofix.

loonylovegood Mon 13-Aug-07 20:30:29

I am currently testing the travel system for mother and baby mag. It is really good. The car seat is lovely and is really supportive and snug. The buggy is great, the only thing is is that it is ever so long when folded. It is fine in my laguna, but won't fit in my mum's polo.

ImBarryScott Mon 13-Aug-07 20:31:36

Yup - I love it!
We've had it since DD was born and it lays pretty flat. To be honest we have rarely used it as a travel system, because we don't own a car. However, it all fits together well, great raincover that actually works (unlike some), nice and light, tiny turning circle. Brilliant if you ever need to get the bus, as it's so easily manouvred.

If you are thinking of getting one, we saved about eighty quid getting in from kiddicare (as opposed to John Lewis).

SweetyDarling Tue 14-Aug-07 09:53:03

Thanks guys!
Wouldn't go to John Lewis as they really annoyed me. I had been looking at it online on lots of sights and decided to go into JL to have a look in the flesh. Inoticed they weren't stocking the isofix base and asked if they were getting them in or could order one for me. They told me it was not isofix compatible - i said it was - they said it wasn't etc etc
Anyway, I called Macalaren and confirmed it was and then called JL to let them know (thought they would be grateful that I had bothered) and they were all aresy about it and still tried to argue with me!!
Thanks for all the info though - I'm sold.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: