Talk

Advanced search

Help! Trousers for slim 8 year old DS that I don't have to take 4" out of waistband to get the length!

(8 Posts)
miljee Mon 13-Aug-07 15:55:21

If 1:10 kids are obese, why don't they make trousers for the other 90%?? I am heartily tired of having to spend hours with my (rubbish) sewing machine making adjustments so my DSs trousers fit. He's not tiny, just slim. I spend out the money for adjustable waistbands and yank in the elastic til the fabric is all an unattractive pucker THEN I have to set about taking a few inches out of the front waistband or making huge, bulky uncomfortable tucks! I'd go out and get a new sewing machine and make they from scratch myself IF I didn't have such a thing sitting in storage in Oz!!

I know this belongs in a 'Rant' section, really, but there's a chance someone out there may have discovered the holy grail of correct length trousers that FIT AROUND THE WAIST!

PS Just bought M&S adjustable waist school trews and am seriously considering getting them professionally altered. Why can't the manufacturers do 'slim fit' like they finally do 'short/med/long' in leg length??

brightwell Mon 13-Aug-07 16:29:07

I have the same problem with my ds,9, I get him adjustable waist trousers from Primark & Adams.

MrsBadger Mon 13-Aug-07 16:37:40

Always get 'flat front' rather than pleat
Adams do 'slim cut' school trous
and I seem to remember Cod saying that Next trousers were the best fit on one of her skinny boys

Beetroot Mon 13-Aug-07 16:40:18

h and m

FluffyMummy123 Mon 13-Aug-07 17:35:51

Message withdrawn

MintyDixCharrington Mon 13-Aug-07 17:42:05

my dd and also my ds1 has this problem. we are all long legged and she is a super skinny 9 year old. He is also quite skinny but in particular has a v flat bum so nothing stays up!
H &M are good. Zara are brilliant, because they cut SO long you can wear the size down (so she wears 8-9 for eg, and my almost 7 ds wears 5-6) to get the skinnyness and they still fit beautifully in the leg. Pretty much everyone else in the world has to turn them up 3 inches. Do you have zara in oz?
Boden skinny jeans for girls are good, I haven't looked to see if they have started to do them for boys, might be worth a look.

Ulysees Mon 13-Aug-07 17:47:59

I find vertbaudet good for my lanky skinny boys

miljee Mon 13-Aug-07 20:28:46

Thanks everyone! Some good ideas to chase there! I spent a good part of the afternoon unpicking various seams on a pair of age 6-7 adjustable waist Asda camouflage trews (9 pounds) in order to take 3 inches out of the front waist band! My DS isn't particularly tall so tends to wear the age down for length but even THEY are too big around the middle!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now