Talk

Advanced search

Organised Mum Diary - Tempted

(52 Posts)
gscrym Mon 13-Aug-07 09:14:12

I'm really tempted by one of these. Do they make organising things easier. DS starts school soon so I was going to treat myself to a diary to try to keep track of things. Any opinions about it welcomed.

Scootergrrrl Mon 13-Aug-07 09:17:36

I got one with the raspberry leather cover cos it was pretty...
I did also buy one for my friend who is mega-organised and she nearly wet herself at all the exiciting little bits and pieces of lists she could make in it!
It certainly looks like it will make life easier but be warned, it's quite large!
I think Cod is the person to ask (and she gets some kind of discount I think if you use a special code)

gscrym Mon 13-Aug-07 09:22:00

How large is large? is it about A4 or A5 size? Am I going to need a big bag to humpf it rould? That'll give me a good reason to buy a new bag.

Scootergrrrl Mon 13-Aug-07 09:23:20

It's somewhere between the two. And you'll definitely need a new bag... and shoes... and lipstick.. and some chocolate...

ejt1764 Mon 13-Aug-07 09:23:39

Our family use the Google calendar - all of our appointments are entered on there - each of us has a different colour - and the beauty of it is that we can add appointments / check for clashes when we're not at home... it's proved a great tool for dh especially, who has to work away quite a bit, but can change days he's away if necessary to fit in with the rest of the family.

gscrym Mon 13-Aug-07 09:25:22

Yay, I can buy new things. It's a pity there isn't a nice leather cover for the little one.

gscrym Mon 13-Aug-07 14:04:56

Right, I have to buy one now. As I was looking for home insurance quotes, it hit me my car insurance ran out yesterday. Admiral were going to phone me on the 10th to set it up. They didn't and I'm dense. Now the only question is the Raspberry or the black!

MellowMa Mon 13-Aug-07 14:06:30

Message withdrawn

gscrym Mon 13-Aug-07 14:08:31

Does Cod get commision for these? Just so as when I order it, someone gets commision for my complete dumbness!

MellowMa Mon 13-Aug-07 14:59:13

Message withdrawn

gscrym Mon 13-Aug-07 15:21:01

I found a thread and have ordered the one with the raspberry cover. I am now patiently waiting for september so my life can vbe organised.

numptysmummy Mon 13-Aug-07 15:23:52

Where do you order them? And do they do the hsework? Seriously tho,anyone got a link?

gscrym Mon 13-Aug-07 15:34:55

If you do a thread search for organised mum, there's a few have links in them.

MellowMa Mon 13-Aug-07 15:59:07

Message withdrawn

arfur Tue 14-Aug-07 11:49:36

I have the raspberry one and am eagerly awaiting September. I previously had the calendar and the little diary but never got round to updating them both so decided that since I am the only one who uses it to ditch the calendar and get the lovely raspberry one so I can carry it with me and be organised at all times.[hmmm] Was at hairdressers with kids yesterday and my hairdresser said that I needed to book my christmas cut as she was really booked up already and I proudly said that would be no problem as I have a new filofax and was going to be much more organised in the future. I then remembered it was still on the coffee table at home where I had been filling in all the birthdays etc doh!

Skribble Tue 14-Aug-07 17:41:46

OrganisedMum,

hertsnessex Tue 14-Aug-07 17:43:06

i bought one - love it!

GoingThroughChanges Tue 14-Aug-07 17:46:43

I love mine!! Definitely a great buy!

Skribble Tue 14-Aug-07 17:51:19

I got the big one for the house and the small one for my bag. Big one has all sorts of housekeeping and computer info in it and lives on my desk.

Chickhick Tue 14-Aug-07 17:51:59

I have ordered one with the raspberry cover plus a weekly planner. I am hoping it is going to turn me into one of those super organised yummy mummy types.

Skribble Tue 14-Aug-07 18:05:47

Also for those of you that like to kid on you are organised Asda have sticky weekly planner sheets, a bit like giant post it notes on a pad, monthly planner ones in pack too. was about 69p or 1.69 I can't remember. Would be could for doing kids timetables on as well. I must actually go back and buy them [doh].

daisydog Sat 18-Aug-07 22:46:48

10% off organised Mum Stuff here...just enter OM10 at the checkout and it will take off 10%.

Loving the new magnetic weekly wall planner!

DemobCod Sat 18-Aug-07 22:47:36

no dont
go through my link you tossers

DemobCod Sat 18-Aug-07 22:48:31

www.organised-mum.co.uk/idevaffiliate/idevaffiliate.php?id=217

Isababel Sat 18-Aug-07 23:20:45

Erm, I got the raspberry one and although big improvement from my last one I have few suggestions for them:

The cover is too tight, so... not much space to carry other things in it, even the dividers get folded at the edges as there is not enough space.

I would have apreciated for it to cover just 12 months instead of 18, and have all the other pages as a notebook. (as there is no space for a note book in the tight cover)

Other than that I can't wait to start using it at the end of August.

BTW the other day I droped a cafe late on it and surprisingly, the leather was fine without any mark in it after I wiped it off. Was very impresed about it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: