Talk

Advanced search

I want to buy a 14ft Trampoline but prices vary greatly - any tips anyone?

(8 Posts)
aintnomountainhighenough Thu 09-Aug-07 21:48:46

I have decided to buy a trampoline for my DCs. I want to go for a big one either 12 or 14ft and want to get a decent one. I have had a look around and the prices seem to vary greatly. Anybody bought one recently and have any recommendations?

Thanks.

MaryBS Thu 09-Aug-07 22:27:00

We bought a Zero Gravity one, and have been EXTREMELY impressed with the build quality. I however am now nursing an injured knee, due to overenergetic bouncing! Kids LOVe it though!

We bought the 12ft with enclosure for £319, which was a reasonable saving on list price, from these people:

www.talltreesoutdoorleisure.co.uk/zerogravity.htm

DontlookatmeIamborrrring Thu 09-Aug-07 22:34:40

I can't recommend one as my gardens not big enough unfortunately, but I did see THIS thread on a forum I use with some great deals at the moment!!

Milliways Thu 09-Aug-07 22:43:14

We spent a day at the Outdoor Toy Company (newbury) where you can try them all out (great free day to play on allsorts of stuff!).

Went for a Supertramp as much springier than TP. They always get good reviews. It is now some years old & still going strong.

Milliways Thu 09-Aug-07 22:44:03

Oops! Active Toy COmpany

paolosgirl Thu 09-Aug-07 22:48:13

I haven't got one, so can't offer any advice - but have heard of 3 horror stories this summer of 2 broken arms (one also dislocated at the elbow - barf) and one broken femur. 2 caused by kids not closing the safety gate properly and then falling onto it, and 1 caused by 2 kids jumping on a sunken trampoline together and one being bounced off. Beware!!!

aintnomountainhighenough Thu 09-Aug-07 22:56:50

Thanks for responses. I must admit I have avoided buying one because I am worried about accidents, during a recent visit to our local minor injuries unit for something else the nurse commented on how many trampoline casualties they had had that day. However I think I am going to go for it and will have to put my very strict Mummy hat on when it is in use.

Milliways thanks especially for your comment we are quite near Newbury so will have to pop over there at the weekend!

SueW Thu 09-Aug-07 23:05:11

We had to take DD to A&E earlier this week (horse riding accident - fall followed by taking a hoof in the face) and there was a girl in with a trampoline accident. Nurse said she had spent the entire previous day plastering children who had had accidents on bikes, skateboards and trampolines!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now