Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

would you buy a Toddler bed or a plain single bed for my 27 month old?

(5 Posts)
tryingtocookacurry Wed 08-Aug-07 12:45:56

Dd has just mastered potty training and I am now thinking about moving her into a big girls bed.
Has anybody got any advice on what sort of bed and mattress, I have found one I like and at a cheap price but am now concerned about whether she should be on an expensive mattress.
Any help would be really appreciated!

witchandchips Wed 08-Aug-07 12:53:25

I'd get a decent bed that will see her through til she needs a double. Get one that is quite low and put cushions and pillows on the floor to begin with or you can get a guard to fit on most beds. Get a cheaper matress as you may have a few accidents when night training begins.

tryingtocookacurry Wed 08-Aug-07 12:56:44

Thank you, the mattress that comes with the bed is a foam mattress. Do you think this is okay?
Also, with junior beds, is it very difficult to find bedding to fit this type of bed and will the bed last (as in fit her) for very long do you think?

witchandchips Wed 08-Aug-07 12:59:08

I don't know, personally i would go for a full size single. Big enough for a mummy and LO to cuddle up on, big enought for lots of bears and books, and big enough for girly chats with friends in 10 years time

tryingtocookacurry Wed 08-Aug-07 13:01:10

I think a proper sized single bed would save a lot of hassle with finding mattress, mattress protector and duvet and bedding sets etc. Thanks for your help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now