Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Those of you with Amby nests, a question?

(8 Posts)
lisad123 Thu 02-Aug-07 21:11:07

Did you have the special amby covers for the mattress? How many did you use? How many did you buy?

Did you use one of the cushions things to hold baby in place??

Thanks

Lisa

lisad123 Thu 02-Aug-07 21:43:53

bump

legalalien Thu 02-Aug-07 21:51:48

I had two covers (to allow for possibility that one needed to be washed - assumes that you have a dryer (although in practice, it was winter, and we tended to swaddle DS in a blanket before putting him in, so the covers didn't get at all dirty, and yes, I did have one of the cushion things to hold him in place, and I think it was worth it.

Have you got one? If so, well done, we LOVED ours. Nothing like a child bed that you can move from room to room, park right next to your bed, and bounce up and down in a kind of in-between-waking-and-sleeping haze...

lisad123 Thu 02-Aug-07 21:58:49

I managed to get one from another mumsnetter. Its lovely, i had real trouble with my dd, and sleep and am due again in oct.
It came with 2 covers so thats good but guess i might have to buy a cushion thingy. Looking forward to putting LO in it.
lisa

boo64 Thu 02-Aug-07 22:57:58

Did any of you have problems when it came time to transfer your dc to a proper cot?

And how old were they when you did this.

legalalien Fri 03-Aug-07 07:56:33

No problem at all (I was surprised) - think he was about 7 months. He was quite small, so still fitted in OK, but since he was more than capable of sitting up, he was trying to turn himself over and climb around in it.

boo64 Fri 03-Aug-07 20:22:54

Yes I am kind of cynical about their claim that youcan use it for a year ....

snowleopard Fri 03-Aug-07 20:31:01

Ours came with one cover on the mattress that can be removed for washing, eg if weed on, but genrally stayed on. I didn't buy the special sheets, I made some - by sewing a tube of cotton fabric that would fit snugly around the mattress. Did not use a cushion thing, but then DS has always been big. For this reason there was no way he could stay in it till one - moved to a cotbed at about 8 months. We thought it would be hard as he was so happy in the amby, but it went fine - we started hin in a sleeping bag before the move, then into the cot in the same sleeping bag, and he took to it fine.

Another thing we dd was wrap a large muslin around the mattress at the head end - caught the dribble and meant we didn't have to change the sheet every day.

They are brilliant - the bouncing really helped DS get to sleep. The other great thing is you can put it up and down in a few minutes and so use it as a travel cot - and so the baby has the same bed at home and away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now