Whizzz Thu 02-Aug-07 10:08:33

details here

NAB3 Thu 02-Aug-07 10:14:53

Can't access any links today...

Whizzz Thu 02-Aug-07 10:17:28

From BBC website:-
Toys recalled over safety fears

The recall affects 83 different types of toy currently on sale in the US
Toymaker Fisher Price is to recall almost one million Chinese-made toys over fears that their paint contains too much lead.
An internal probe found the Chinese manufacturer had used a non-approved paint pigment, violating its safety standards, the company said.

The recall affects toys that have been on sale in the US and UK since May.

It is the latest in a series of safety scares involving goods - food, drugs and other products - made in China.

Mattel Inc, which owns Fisher Price, said the recall affected a total of 967,000 toys, including characters popular with young children such as Sesame Street's Big Bird and Elmo.

The company said that it was removing the products from shops and would intercept incoming shipments.

"We are still concluding the investigation, how it happened," Fisher Price's general manager, David Allmark, told the Associated Press news agency.

"But there will be a dramatic investigation on how this happened. We will learn from this," he said.

Lead is toxic and can pose a health risk to young children if ingested.

The US Consumer Product Safety Commission urged parents to remove the affected toys from their children and contact Fisher Price.

Other countries, including the UK, Mexico and Canada, are reported to be affected by the recall.

Almost 100,000 of the affected toys have been sold in the UK and Ireland, said Mattel UK.

clayre Thu 02-Aug-07 10:18:26

the mattel website has a list of all the recalled toys

Whizzz Thu 02-Aug-07 10:20:24

recall list

littlelapin Thu 02-Aug-07 10:20:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Leati Thu 02-Aug-07 10:27:40

Oh Yes I posted on this earlier. I believe for those who are curious it has something to do with lead used to make the toys. So there are some concerns that toys made at a china manufactor can cause lead poisoning.

elesbells Thu 02-Aug-07 10:28:26

is it just the US affected or UK too?

Whizzz Thu 02-Aug-07 10:31:15

If you read the link below it does mention the UK

LowFatPumpkinJuice Thu 02-Aug-07 13:55:26

Phone here - they answer straight away, have a list of all toys and can tell you what codes to look for to identify if it came from the affected plant between May and August when the problem was found.

01628 500303

Nemo2007 Thu 02-Aug-07 14:01:30

bugger can see a couple that the DC have, will have to go through them all later and then phone.

LowFatPumpkinJuice Thu 02-Aug-07 14:03:36

Yeah we have the Vaminos Van, I have phoned DH to check it while I am at work - if you check the website yourself be sure you look at the Uk site as the USA site has different toys.

I do think it is easier to actually phone for this reason to avoid confusion.

They are only looking for stuff manufactured from may onwards apparently. So if you'e had it from before then you might be okay.

Whizzz Thu 02-Aug-07 15:20:11

BUMP

LowFatPumpkinJuice Thu 02-Aug-07 16:45:55

The list from Littelapin below is from the American site as I mentioned the van and the lady said no that's an american thing. A french speaking van has not been relesased in the UK.

FWIW it's the same list I originally found and thought I was okay! DH has called back and apparently not!

Do we get a whle box of other toys by way of an apology. DD will be beside herself to loose her van, all her little characters co camping in it!

Nemo2007 Thu 02-Aug-07 16:59:44

we have the vamanos van and also have prince diego will phone in a min.

Nemo2007 Thu 02-Aug-07 17:03:48

phew have checked and DD1's stuff is ok

elesbells Thu 02-Aug-07 17:10:30

i have checked fisher price site uk and cant see the uk list. dd has several of the dora dolls listed on the US site so i dont know if hers are affected??

Nemo2007 Thu 02-Aug-07 20:38:18

elesbells get the dolls and phone them, they then as you for the codes from the bottom of them and will let oyu know if they are effected.

LowFatPumpkinJuice Thu 02-Aug-07 21:05:21

Our van is okay too - right design but batch different - phew!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now