Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Yawn ... sorry this is boring but I need recommendations for a new hoover as ...

(13 Posts)
copycat Tue 31-Jul-07 12:17:31

... my Dyson has passed away. Don't spare any tears - it has been well used and was old Have had two Dysons but am wondering if I can buy something less expensive this time. Any suggestions for an all singing all dancing upright gratefully received.
p.s. it has to be able to pat me on the back and present me with a latte and a biscuit after use

PestoMonster Tue 31-Jul-07 12:19:58

Well, I've got the Dyson ball one, and it's fab! Are you a member of Costco? Coz if you are they do 'em a bit cheaper there.

MyEye Tue 31-Jul-07 12:21:28

henry

hoooray for henry

can't believe I suffered with my dyson for as long as I did

it's not an upright tho' I suppose

bagpuss Tue 31-Jul-07 12:25:58

We replaced our Dyson DC04 with a Dyson Ball last year - I think dh bought it because Comet were doing them half price at the time. Miele come well recommended too - do a search on here as there have been a few threads in the past.

Cappuccino Tue 31-Jul-07 12:27:19

henry

no latte but it does smile

MellowMa Tue 31-Jul-07 12:27:31

Message withdrawn

OrmIrian Tue 31-Jul-07 12:34:59

Nother vote for Henry here. Bog standard, nothing fancy but one hell of a suction and strong as a tank! I've been through too many hoovers recently with all the fancy bits that just broke or gave up the ghost.

copycat Wed 01-Aug-07 23:42:37

Thanks everyone. Good old Henry eh? However I do want an upright so he's not a suitable option even though he has a lovely smile! Did try a search before kicking off this thread but obviously I didn't try hard enough. I will attempt another mumsnet search and maybe go to epinions.com as well. Thanks for all your suggestions

moondog Wed 01-Aug-07 23:44:11

I started a thread like this a while back and on MNers recommendations got a Miele.It is great.

hertsnessex Wed 01-Aug-07 23:44:40

my dh tried to buy a cheaper dyson-like hoover - bagless etc - it was a 'hoover' and it was cr*p. took it back after 3days and bought a newer dyson!

ellasmum1 Wed 01-Aug-07 23:55:16

Don't know about uprights but Miele vacuum cleaners all seem to get rave reviews in the Which? report. Henry didn't do to weel at all in their tests. Think the Dyson all floors did ok too.

Birdly Thu 02-Aug-07 16:20:03

We've got a Miele - it's great. Makes our old one look like a total waste of space!

madmumof5 Thu 02-Aug-07 16:20:39

henry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now