Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

bespoke swaddling blankets?

(16 Posts)
NoviceKnitter Mon 30-Jul-07 21:00:52

our DD seems to like the sensation of being swaddled but kicks off ordinary sheets and blankets in minutes. anyone have experience/views on the miracle or grobag ones? or others? are they worth the money?

janeefr Mon 30-Jul-07 21:11:06

Don't know about the bought ones. My mum made me some out of t-shirt cotton. She just put a deep hem up the long side where his neck is. They are about 80cm by 2m. Really good because they are thin and stretchy.

peachygirl Mon 30-Jul-07 21:15:12

I've got a brand new miracle blanket never been used if you want one. (white from mothercare)
It's been washed but not used £8 inc postage

amazonianwoman Tue 31-Jul-07 19:47:29

Miracle blanket is fab, was a lifesaver for DS for the 1st 12wks. He could work his way out of a swaddled normal blanket but had no chance in the miracle blanket

gogetter Tue 31-Jul-07 20:03:25

Grobag is good - but are you sure you are doing it tight enough?
If is is long enough to tuck under him on both sides it should work fine?

NoviceKnitter Tue 31-Jul-07 22:56:00

Gogetter - Pretty sure we're doing it tight enough. She's jsut a bit of a houdini. Is grobag one ok for summer temperatures?

Amazonianwoman - same questions - is the miracle blanket ok in these temperatures?

Peachygirl, could well be interested in yours - you got an email address?

thanks all

gogetter Tue 31-Jul-07 23:11:35

using it at moment just with babgro and a blanket on the bottom half - seems good! I kind of tuck the loose side around and lye him on it then he can't get his arms out. I do it pretty tight though!

Dragonhart Wed 01-Aug-07 12:30:03

I have used this one for ds and dd and would recomend them.

It is not super tight though but kept both of mine swaddled. Has lasted for both of mine and will put it away for another.

Dragonhart Wed 01-Aug-07 12:32:53

Also, you can leave their legs out of the bottom bit if it is hot. I used to put dd in vest then leave her legs out. When I went to bed, put them back in for the night.

amazonianwoman Wed 01-Aug-07 16:28:14

Yes, miracle blanket fine in hot weather, used ours in hot spell in April, just put DS in a vest. You can also leave the legs out if v hot.

HTH

NoviceKnitter Wed 01-Aug-07 18:11:46

Thanks all that's really helpful - will get swaddling soon

peachygirl Wed 01-Aug-07 20:29:53

novice Knitter you can cat me or try
gmpschool at yahoo dot co dot uk

peachygirl Wed 01-Aug-07 20:51:38

I'm off to my mums on monday and don't have internet there but if you are interested I can get it into the post from there and I do have paypal

tassisssss Wed 01-Aug-07 20:54:40

i thought i was a fab swaddler with ds...buy dd could get out no problem so i think it's to do with how wriggly the baby is.

loved swaddling ds and did it for months, it annoyed dd and she'd fight until she was free!

miracle ones look scary to me!

Waswondering Wed 01-Aug-07 22:17:58

Borrowed a miracle blanket and it was ace. Really worked well.

trixymalixy Wed 01-Aug-07 22:28:03

grobag one is crap.Although I have one I could sell you if you want to find out for yourself .

The swaddle me was absolutely fab tho.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now