Talk

Advanced search

Any ideas??? Mealtime chair / toddler chair - looking for cheaper alternative

(6 Posts)
Catnapper Mon 30-Jul-07 20:46:40

Hi all. My dd, 7.5 months loves the little wooden chairs at her nursery, with the centre pole and/or harness or 'seat belt', inset and tray etc. The ones at the nursery are like this http://www.communityplaythings.co.uk/c/Chairs/MealtimeChairs/index.htm from Community Playthings but seem really expensive IMO and I wondered if anyone knows of chairs similar, even vaguely similar, but cheaper that are available elsewhere?
Thanks

MerryMarigold Mon 30-Jul-07 20:49:26

Blimey. Let her enjoy the one at nursery and have a normal one at home! We have a wooden East Coast high chair, it's nice because it is the same height as us when we sit down, not so small - may be difficult to feed her down there!

Furball Mon 30-Jul-07 20:53:21

I got a plastic patio type chair in asda for about £3. Not sure whether they still do them but also look in wilkinsons.

JoMa Mon 30-Jul-07 20:55:22

what about something like this?
it's what we used, the chair fits into the table part so when they are older it becomes a table and chair

this is more expensive but the picture shows better how this kind of highchair works!

MrsBadger Mon 30-Jul-07 20:59:03

the community playthings furniture is fabulous, but far too pricey for home IMO

she's still a bit small for the Ikea chairs

Catnapper Mon 30-Jul-07 21:04:59

Thanks JoMa, have seen this one and it's pretty similar isn't it? Best so far I think. MerryM - she has a fab high chair at home, goes high and low, chunky and comfy for feeding but I want something else to replace her bouncy chair with really; small and light to take into different rooms or the garden, for playing on or just having a quick snackette etc. Will also think about the patio chair idea from Furball.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now