Talk

Advanced search

Coloured or plain kitchen tiles?

(7 Posts)
Waswondering Sun 29-Jul-07 22:33:12

I need to decide on kitchen tiles (and flooring, but that's another story!)

Kitchen is 3 weeks away from being done and is the sanded oak one on p26 of the luna range - which looks much, much better in reality than it does in the brochure!!

Worktop is a crystal black colour.

Do I go for plain creamy kitchen tiles or pick out some with a colour? For example, I quite like the Zanzibar range (might be on p2 of this link) but am scared I would tire of the tiles if they were coloured.

The area to be tiled isn't huge, but neither is the kitchen!

Any sage wisdom would be appreciated . . .

nearlyheadlessNell Sun 29-Jul-07 22:34:30

If the kitchen is small, I would go for lighter coloured tiles, plus darker colours show up every smear, water splash, etc etc etc

LyraBelacqua Sun 29-Jul-07 22:34:55

We went for clear glass tiles in ours. It looks fabulous, takes on a bluey tinge. You have to use white grout. They can be expnsive though.

Waswondering Sun 29-Jul-07 22:36:07

I'm not sure I'm the kind of person for maintaining glass tiles!! They would look brilliant for about a week . . .

Wilkie Sun 29-Jul-07 22:36:10

Personally I would go plain. Definately and Lyra Belacqua's suggestion sounds fab!

LyraBelacqua Sun 29-Jul-07 22:47:44

Funnily enough, the glass tiles don't show up the dirt that much, unlike white tiles.

BBBee Sun 29-Jul-07 22:48:31

plain and stick up postcards

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now