Talk

Advanced search

ANAZON PRIME DELIVERIES -Change of Policy

(14 Posts)
JN52 Sat 15-Jun-19 00:08:05

Recently Amazon have failed on too many occasions to meet their next day delivery promise. In the past they have offered an additional month of Prime membership to compensate. I discovered today, having had another next day failed delivery, that they are no longer offering any automatic compensation. Indeed their first offer was £5, upped to £10. It seems to me that they must be reneging on guaranteed deliveries so often that they can no longer pay the sums due to customers for these failures. At £79/year they need to do better. Using self employed over stretched couriers may be cheap for them, but efficiency/customer service seems to be low on Amazon’s agenda.

MichaelMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 17-Jun-19 14:07:40

Hi OP, just dropping by to give this a slight bump^

JN52 Mon 17-Jun-19 17:25:44

Not sure what you mean by OP and slight bump?

sqirrelfriends Mon 17-Jun-19 17:27:35

OP means Original Poster or Original Post. A bump just makes the thread a bit more visible as it's had a recent comment.

Batshittery Mon 17-Jun-19 17:28:02

OP = original poster (ie - you)
Bump means he's posted on here so others will see it.

sqirrelfriends Mon 17-Jun-19 17:29:07

I would be thrilled with £5 or £10 free for a failed delivery! I've experienced it a few times but order a lot and have never had compensation.

TheQueef Mon 17-Jun-19 17:30:42

I've noticed the delivery estimate and prime delivery has declined lately.
I do like the latest royal mail return method though.

LizzieMacQueen Mon 17-Jun-19 17:33:38

More troubling is their switch to plastic rather than cardboard packaging. That can't be helping the planet much.

azulmariposa Mon 17-Jun-19 17:40:31

I've noticed a lot of stuff is only available on prime with a 2 or 3 day delivery now. I think that they are doing this on purpose. I ordered something Saturday morning and it said delivery on Tuesday. It showed up today. I suppose some people would think 'ooh it's a day early!' When actually it should have been delivered yesterday.

Thereshegoesagain Mon 17-Jun-19 17:41:54

I complained recently about a prime delivery that after 72 hours hadn't arrived, went on live chat and the guy told me that they would refund the item if it hadn't turned up after FURTHER 48HOURS! He went on to sympathise as he too was a prime user, hmm. I told him this comment was irrelevant and pointless.
Item turned up the next day 60 hours later than the promised next day delivery, with no apology or compensation.
We have had a chat about living without prime if we have this happen again.

DDIJ Mon 17-Jun-19 17:42:49

I'm not going to renew my prime when it expires next month. We never watch anything on Amazon and I only got it for the postage. Stuff takes too long to arrive now.

Sootienco Mon 17-Jun-19 17:44:44

There used to be SO many items available on NDD on prime. Now there's hardly anything.

And on Sunday prime items were saying delivery by Wednesday confused

Think I'm going to reconsider my prime membership

summerbreezingin Mon 17-Jun-19 18:17:55

Similarly we have found that if you need to return a Prime item, whereas before the return would be free you now have to pay for returns. We queried this with them and they said it's due to a change in policy.

They've got a stronghold on us all now, the high street has suffered hugely due to Amazon and so many shops have gone, they think we have no choice but to continue to shop with them despite the fact customer service is getting worse.

dottiedodah Mon 17-Jun-19 18:27:56

Have just cancelled mine .Just had too many "little" amounts going out each month that all seem to add up to about £25.00 P/M!.Hadnt noticed the longer delivery times though!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »