Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bionicles - is it me or are these things RIDICULOUSLY fragile?!

(9 Posts)
RubeusDuck Tue 24-Jul-07 09:15:15

Ds1 is 6 years old, under the target age, I realise, but really loves construction toys of all types and really looks after his toys. There is no question of too rough a play or anything like that.

Yet today, I have just gone on to lego.com and ordered my FIFTH replacement part for the damn thing. The plastic keeps sheering away - it seems so brittle.

For something that's SUPPOSED to be assembled and disassembled over and over again, why does this stuff seem to have so many weak joints - the ball and socket type joins particularly put a lot of stress on the plastic and end up fracturing.

Is it just us that are having this problem - did we just get unlucky with a bad batch?

RubeusDuck Tue 24-Jul-07 09:16:32

Oh, meant to add that we have huge batches of "normal" lego that have lasted since I was a kid, so the normal stuff is made robustly!

RubeusDuck Tue 24-Jul-07 10:07:10

bump

RubeusDuck Tue 24-Jul-07 12:09:41

guess I'm the only one then

Spidermama Tue 24-Jul-07 12:12:41

Nope I agree. They spend all their time making them but are not allowed to play with them cos they fall apart.

OrmIrian Tue 24-Jul-07 12:14:17

Not had that problem I must admit. DS#1 has loads of Bionicles and while I know they come apart quite a bit, nothing has ever broken. Got lost, yes...all the &*^&& time! But not broken.

WendyWeber Tue 24-Jul-07 12:14:56

Sounds like a bad batch to me - IMO you should email Lego about it (maybe not mention that he's only 6 though )

iota Tue 24-Jul-07 12:15:39

how very odd - my 2 ( 5 and 8) have a massive army of bionicles which they build and destroy regularly and we have never had a broken piece.

daisyandbabybootoo Tue 24-Jul-07 12:17:20

Not noticed it with bionicles, but DS has managed to break 2 transformers after only a few days...and he is target age.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now