Talk

Advanced search

Ipod Nano

(6 Posts)
girlsmum Tue 24-Jul-07 09:07:22

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong topic.

I have just bought my DH an Ipod Nano for his birthday - I am new and naiive to all things Ipod.

I have downloaded Itunes but have just noticed how much songs are to download especially if we want to download quite a few.

Does anyone know if there are any websites that allow you to download songs for free?

Thanks

JoMa Tue 24-Jul-07 09:14:51

anywhere for free is illegal, people still do it (including me on occasions) but it is illegal. however there are other sites to download from which are cheaper

EdieMcredie Tue 24-Jul-07 20:52:28

There can be a risk of viruses if you use these sites, and you have to check the quality of the songs.

jules99 Tue 24-Jul-07 21:00:08

...and some of them you download from other sites will not go on to your i pod,

you can rent cds from your library for about £1 a week, (mine has loads of really up to date ones) put them on your pc and them transfere across to your i pod,

this is also naughty but it will stop you from getting viruses from illegal downloads sites

my dp crashed his laptop this week downloading music from one of those dodgy sites and lost everything he had ever downloaded, thank god the laptop has been saved from total meltdown though!

i would never do any of the above of course

princessshhhh Tue 24-Jul-07 21:01:56

think the idea is to copy your cd collection onto it and then download songs/albums as and when you want them. Thats what we do and tbh prefer it to the traditional way of buying cd singles/albums its cheaper .

tissy Tue 24-Jul-07 21:03:31

itunes is ok-each individual track is 79p, which makes an album around 7.99- cheaper than you could buy it in some shops.

But much more expensive than an illegal bootleg cd or copying one from a mate...

depends on your priorities

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now