Talk

Advanced search

Bottle Warmers

(8 Posts)
babysbreath Mon 23-Jul-07 12:13:56

I'm thinking of buying a bottle warmer for when I'm out and about.
Does anyone recommend a certain brand or are they a waste of money?

chopster Mon 23-Jul-07 12:19:02

waste of money. Buy one of those avent formula dispensers instead. You can then take bottles of boiled, cooled water, and pre measured powder, then jsut mix and serve! I used them all the time with the dts, even when at home. You don't need to worry about keeping the bottles cool, or warming up that way.

furrycat Mon 23-Jul-07 12:20:48

The one I had was a total waste of money. It worked OK-ish (if slowly) but you had to boil it for 15 minutes to reactivate it and frankly I never remembered in time. For DS1 I'd ask for hot water in a restuarant when I was out. DS2 just has powder added to coll bolied water (though I don' think you're supposed to do this any more) or a carton

Ceebee74 Mon 23-Jul-07 12:31:29

I bought a travel warmer that plugs into the cigarette lighter in the car - absolute rubbish! It took at least 30 minutes to get the bottle anywhere near warm which means you had to plan well in advance.

I bought a thermos flask with a huge lid (from Boots) - specially designed for warming bottles as the lid is the right size/shape to put the bottle in and then surround by the hot water out of the flask - can be taken and used anywhere. (BTW if you ask for your bottle to be warmed in M&S cafes, they give you the exact same flask to use).

TheApprentice Mon 23-Jul-07 12:34:37

The thermos flask ones are the best imho.

SandCastspells Mon 23-Jul-07 12:36:50

Waste of money! I found out while dd screamed for her bottle was we were tryig to cool it down as BW made it too hot!

Got dd to get used to room temp, much easier!

katewilson13 Mon 23-Jul-07 13:42:00

I bought an Avent bag that keeps the bottles warm for an hour or so (or cool if you want them cool). That's worked for me.

meandmy Mon 23-Jul-07 13:44:07

didnt have one if it was made fresh id cool it if it was out the fridge i wouldstand it in jug hot water to take chill off.
my dd didnt drink her milk warm used to have it room temp

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now