Talk

Advanced search

LilyPadz reusable non-absorbent breast pads - any good?

(9 Posts)
barbamama Sun 22-Jul-07 21:49:21

Has anyone used these silicon breast pads instead of the conventional absorbent ones? I am hoping in vain that they might allow me to sleep at night without having to wear a bra while breast feeding.

amazonianwoman Sun 22-Jul-07 23:00:42

They definitely stay in place, and are meant to work very well for most mums, they just didn't work for me because milk leaks from a couple of spots on the areola as well as the actual nipple (yes too much info I must be a freak )

They work by applying pressure on the nipple to stop it leaking.

Piffle Sun 22-Jul-07 23:16:47

they are excellent but I found mine lost their stickiness but would recommend them even though I lost them in the night often

barbamama Sun 22-Jul-07 23:58:50

Thanks a lot I think I will give them ago - anything not to have to wear a bra at night which killed my back last time. I seem to remember milk coming from outside the nipple a bit too so eeek I might be a freak as well! I'll get some I think even if it is just for the odd night's break. Did you use them straight away? the website says to wait 4-6 weeks for the milk supply to be established but that is the time I would really need them I think.

margosbeenplayingwithmynoonoo Mon 23-Jul-07 00:01:06

Do not use while you have sore or cracked nipples as they make them more sensitive

beanbearer Mon 23-Jul-07 00:30:38

For £13 NCT sell a bra called Night-time that's really soft and designed just to hold breastpads in place overnight. No nasty diggy-in tight bits! Could be an alternative for the first month or so?

barbamama Mon 23-Jul-07 00:40:14

That looks like a good option too - I did try one of the Mothercare nighttime ones last time but it wasn't great, that one looks a bit better tho, thanks.

amazonianwoman Mon 23-Jul-07 13:28:00

Apologies for selling in the wrong place, but you can have mine for £8 incl postage, only tried them once for around 2hrs, will sterilise them first. Still have original plastic container and box

barbamama Mon 23-Jul-07 16:46:03

Oh thanks but I have already ordered them damn! Thanks anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now