Talk

Advanced search

Reusable baby wipes

(9 Posts)
bumblingthrough Sun 02-Jun-19 13:28:13

I've decided to ditch the disposable wipes, at least for hands and faces for now. My DD is 2.5. Would you put the wipe in the wash after each use or rinse in the sink and use again the same day? (Only for hands and faces!).

Stuckforthefourthtime Sun 02-Jun-19 13:33:02

I chuck in the wash each time, they get grotty. Good to.use a mesh bag, btw, as they can get stuck in your filter. And if you are doing it for environmental reasons make sure to get cotton terry (the cheeky wipes premium one is nice) and not microfibre/minky, so you don't shed microplastics into the water). They're amazing easy and so effective, good luck!

LauraPalmersBodybag Sun 02-Jun-19 13:37:29

Try cheeky wipes op, they have a great system. I use once and put them in a ‘used’ bag or box to wash.

NannyR Sun 02-Jun-19 13:40:47

I just use a flannel at that age, one a day, rinsed out well in hot water between used (obviously, if it's dirty, as in spag bol clean up dirty, then I would use a fresh one!)

stucknoue Sun 02-Jun-19 13:46:09

I used cotton flannels, one set for top end the other for bottom

bumblingthrough Mon 03-Jun-19 18:39:50

Thanks all. Fortunately they are all cotton ones (bambino mio), I didn't know that about microfibre.
Do you just chuck them in your normal wash?

Hedgehogblues Mon 03-Jun-19 18:46:48

I've got cheeky wipes terry ones. Can you use them for poo? Do they wash clean enough?

Stuckforthefourthtime Mon 03-Jun-19 22:15:38

Cheeky wipes are brilliant for poo, much more efficient. If it's really messy, like a weaning poo, I sometimes use a disposable wipe first then clean up with a cheeky wipe - you only need one, instead of about 10, and we never get nappy rash now!

I wash them all with my cloth nappies at 60 then dry in the sun if possible.

When I wasn't doing cloth nappies I kept a small bucket with napisan in it and would rinse any muck off with a loo flush or the laundry sink, then soak them in the bucket and wash them with the rest of the whites at 40 (just with no softener).

If it's all a bit confusing, the starter kit is great. I'd definitely recommend the premium cotton if you're doing faces and bottoms as it's softer. If you're in hard water, a 10 minute tumble dry occasionally before hanging them out keeps them soft.

Cuppa12345 Mon 03-Jun-19 22:20:13

If I'm just doing sticky hands and face after eating, I rinse and reuse. If stained out big mess, chuck in planet wise waterproof bag and wash with nappies every 2 or 3 days

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »