Talk

Advanced search

Ipods- are they worth the money?

(25 Posts)
whoops Sat 21-Jul-07 17:02:16

I'm thinking of getting an Ipod shuffle are they worth aying £50 for or will any MP3 player be just as good?
What makes Ipods stand out?

MarsLady Sat 21-Jul-07 17:03:35

I like my nano. In fact I love my nano!!!!!!!!!!!

Prefer the nano to a shuffle though.

whoops Sat 21-Jul-07 17:05:38

I'm not sure I'd get dh to spend that much on me after spending so much in the next & Monsoon sales today!

McDreamyGonagall Sat 21-Jul-07 17:07:35

I love my nano. Unexpected Xmas pressie a couple of years ago from DH - genius

americantrish Sat 21-Jul-07 17:09:17

they are easy to use. but its iTunes i have a problem with. i hate it. (but i cant be arsed to find another program to use)

whoops Sat 21-Jul-07 17:10:29

How different are they to other MP3 players? I'm trying to justify getting one to dh as he thinks a cheap one from tesco's will do me!

AlwaysWatchingCastawayAt2am Sat 21-Jul-07 17:13:34

now i'm used to itunes i love my ipod. in fact i lost it and when i can justify it i will be buying another one. to me the good part is having huge amounts of memory. first i had an argos one which could only fit a few cds on at a time, and i just didn't use it. but having stacks of stuff on that you can play through the car speakers too (eg the whole of harry potter) is fab.

CatIsSleepy Sat 21-Jul-07 18:39:26

only problem with a shuffle is you can't pick and choose what you'd like to play in the way you can with the higher spec ipods...you can only play tracks in order or randomly. no screen either though so you can't see the name of what you're playing. you can skip tracks though. not sure how this compares with other MP3 players. shuffles don't have masses of memory either-but depends how much you need.
i have a shuffle but would love a nano! will have to save my pennies awhile though...

coddy Sat 21-Jul-07 18:39:52

i ahev two

a whopper vidoe one
adn a shuffle - the one wiht hte clip

i liek em

coddy Sat 21-Jul-07 18:42:34

adn its funny seeing what songs they recommend for you on itunes

PersonalHouseElf Sat 21-Jul-07 18:46:07

I live with my iPod. Anyone will tell you. I don't leave home without it.
I have the 30gb video and it's brilliant.
I have videos for Ds to keep him quiet when we're out and enough music to keep us going for 2 days. And I've only used 10gb of space.
iPods are so much easier to use than others, hence their popularity.

Snaf Sat 21-Jul-07 18:46:40

Don't like iTunes either but do love my little shuffle (clippy one). I only really use it when I'm commuting - holds 250+ tracks so more than enough for occasional use.

I rather like the randomness of it

PersonalClown Sat 21-Jul-07 18:47:26

Book's out, read it. Can go back to being me now!

CatIsSleepy Sat 21-Jul-07 18:48:20

ah was wondering when everyone was going to change back...

what do people have against itunes?

Idreamofdaleks Sat 21-Jul-07 18:49:52

do you use the video function?

PersonalClown Sat 21-Jul-07 18:52:11

iTunes to farking expensive for what you get. Half the tunes you want, they don't have (I want Metallica dammit!), video availability worse etc.
I watch videos everyday.

CatIsSleepy Sat 21-Jul-07 18:53:45

mm true they don't always have what I want...
how much cheaper are other sites?have never really looked tbh...itunes is just so easy...

Idreamofdaleks Sat 21-Jul-07 19:13:40

Whaqt videos do you watch and when?

Favourite DVDs on the way to work?

Sorry for the ignorance, I haven't a clue how these things get used!!! But I want to know!!!

coddy Sat 21-Jul-07 19:13:57

i dont
dh thought we might on journeys

PersonalClown Sat 21-Jul-07 19:26:05

Got a couple of episodes of Doctor Who on there to keep ds occupied, a lot of music videos. No films as I don't want to pay a fortune for the program to change the formats for downloading.

whoops Sat 21-Jul-07 19:30:08

I don't mind that you can't choose what you are listening to as I only really use it when I'm at the gym. I like the idea of the clip so it isn't bouncing around on me while I'm on the treadmill or cross trainer.

handlemecarefully Sat 21-Jul-07 19:46:21

I use my nano when out running or at the gym and would not be without it

whoops Sat 21-Jul-07 22:27:38

Been and bought one tonight so am sorting music to put on it now

katelyle Sat 21-Jul-07 22:37:46

Yes - they are brilliant for podcasts!

cba Sat 21-Jul-07 22:43:54

i bought dh a 80gb ipod at christmas, he said it is the best thing i have ever bought him. I am quite tempted to one myself. Might get him to get me one at christmas

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: