Talk

Advanced search

Those contact lenses that you wear overnight while asleep and then take out of your eyes when you're awake...

(13 Posts)
LittleBellatrixLeBoot Fri 20-Jul-07 14:49:30

... someone once posted aobu them on here. Who's got them?

I can't find them anywhere. I og into opticians and ask and they look at me as if i'm bonkers

CountessDracula Fri 20-Jul-07 14:50:42

eh?

nearlythere Fri 20-Jul-07 14:51:14

are you sure???

belgo Fri 20-Jul-07 14:52:13

they do exist, at least in Belgium. They're called night lenses, and I don't know anyone who uses them. Don't like the idea of them myself.

Judd Fri 20-Jul-07 14:52:35

I know the ones you mean - they reshape your cornea whilst you sleep so that your vision is nearly perfect during the day.
Google "night time contact lens" and you'll probably find the proper name. I don't think they're particularly commonplace year, though.

MaryAnnSingleton Fri 20-Jul-07 14:53:09

why on earth would you wear them when asleep and then take them out ?? Do you mean ones you can sleep in,ie not haverto remove at night ?

MaryAnnSingleton Fri 20-Jul-07 14:53:46

wooo - corrective lenses - sound interesting !!

LittleBellatrixLeBoot Fri 20-Jul-07 14:55:05

No no, you sleep in them at night and then remove them in the daytime

The advantage of them is that you are not wearing contact lenses in the daytime. Which is convenient if you swim a lot, and it stops the inconvenience of when you get something in your eye and have to take your lens out etc...

nutcracker Fri 20-Jul-07 14:55:27

Was it Ortho K lenses ?

nutcracker Fri 20-Jul-07 14:58:30

some info here if you scroll down

LittleBellatrixLeBoot Fri 20-Jul-07 15:25:37

Oh yes ortho k that was it.

I don't understand what is near sightedness and far sightedness?

Does near sighted mean short sighted in American?

nutcracker Fri 20-Jul-07 15:31:04

Nearsighted means no prob viewing close up things, so thats out version of short sighted i think.

For farsighted it says, no trouble viewing things far away, so thats out version of long sighted then I think.

Someone feel free to correct me.

NorksDrift Fri 20-Jul-07 15:53:57

Hunker is the expert.See this thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now