Talk

Advanced search

Be Aware of Blacks & Ultimate Outdoors Next Day Delivery Deception

(1 Post)
mamamenagerie Fri 17-May-19 13:26:38

I have fallen foul of JD Sports false claims twice (Blacks and Ultimate Outdoors) in placing orders for my daughter’s Duke of Edinburgh kit.

In both cases I have paid £5.95 for DPD next day delivery placing orders on a Thursday early afternoon and initial order confirmations for orders state DPD next day delivery and should have been delivered on a Friday. One was sent via UK Mail and the other by Hermes & in both cases weren't even despatched that day. The first one didn’t arrive until Tuesday Blacks order placed yesterday was sent via Hermes not DPD & left at 1.00 a.m. this morning and not even showing as in transit!

JD Sports is publishing inaccurate and misleading information by stating DPD as the carrier at every stage of the order process including the initial order confirmation. You only discover that DPD wasn’t used when you get to the stage of being able to track the order which with the Ultimate Outdoors order was 36 hours after ordering, as it wasn’t even despatched on the day I ordered. With Blacks I could only see carrier after 1 a.m. the night it was ordered, so it also wasn't even sent same day.
I have contacted ASA and also Trading Standards in head office area as I can't be alone in being duped by them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »