Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

8' Trampolines

(9 Posts)
FLIER Tue 17-Jul-07 16:09:52

Looking at buying a trampoline for ds who will be 4 soon, for his birthday.
I want to find out people's experiences of this size of trampoline - are they a waste of money and will I want to buy a bigger one in a few years time?

We've not got a tiny garden, but I don't want garden toys taking up all the room in our garden. Garden is also concrete slabs, will this be okay? will be getting one with an enclosure.

Is there anything else I should be looking out for when choosing one?
Have been looking at these ones:-
http://www.trampledunderfoot.co.uk/store/customer/product.php?productid=16710
http://www.onlinetoysdirect.co.uk/productdetails.asp?ID=84
http://www.woolworths.co.uk/web/jsp/product/index.jsp?pid=50707057

FLIER Tue 17-Jul-07 18:13:30

anyone?

Notquitegrownup Tue 17-Jul-07 18:31:41

Hmm - we have a tiny garden and I bought our boys an 8' one for Christmas. Fortunately I got it from Argos and they changed it for a 10' one the next day. The 8' is OK for one child at a time (which is all they are supposed to have on them, and it would be fine for a 4 year old). I do know someone who has one, whose dc do use it.

However, the 10' one is great for two or three kids at a time, which our visitors all seem to expect, and our boys have just lived on it for the last 6 months - 30 or 40 minutes at a time. DS1 is 7 and he really enjoys it.

We thought that it would totally dominate our garden, but have wedged it into a corner, and it is not much more dominating that the 8' one was. The height of the poles make even the small ones fairly noticable.

Don't know about the concrete slabs - you would need to check with the suppliers - you might need some sort of matting underneath the legs just to stop it wobbling a bit. The enclosures are brilliant.

That 10' one you have linked to is an amazing price! Trying not to sound too biased, but we are very pleased with our 10' one, for two very bouncy boys.

amidaiwish Tue 17-Jul-07 18:32:24

i have an 8' trampoline
plenty big enough for my dcs.

i have this one here

do make sure you get one with a high enough weight limit. some of them only go up to about age 6. the one i have is 80kg - so enough for an adult.

amidaiwish Tue 17-Jul-07 18:33:34

my dc's are 3 and 1 though.
3 or 4 of them bounce around at a time ok, will want to limit the numbers as they get older anyway.
i tend to say 3 or 4 littlies
2 over 5's
and once they start bouncing high then on their own.

Ceolas Tue 17-Jul-07 18:35:30

You should NOT have 2 or 3 children on together! One at a time for safety.

We have this 8ft one and it's big enough for our children - 7, 5 and 4 - one at a time. We have a timer and they get a turn each.

They use it a lot.

Ceolas Tue 17-Jul-07 18:35:57

this one

FLIER Tue 17-Jul-07 20:48:48

Thanks everyone. gonna try and decide tonight and order online

FLIER Sun 22-Jul-07 19:25:13

ceolas, I've decided to go for an 8ft one from the website you got yours.
Could you tell me which one you have - is it the 8ft se or the 8ft super se?
I want to check what height from the ground they are as the website info is a bit inconsistent.

thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now