Talk

Advanced search

Head wear for children who have had chemo

(7 Posts)
Taradallard Thu 02-May-19 21:14:04

My daughter is due to have a bone marrow transplant next month, she will have to have chemo before the actually transplant, which means she will lose her hair. I’ve been searching the internet for headwear suitable but at the same time something she is going to actually like. Does anyone no where I can get some nice hat bandanas etc that are gonna be comfy and something that a 6 year old girl will like wearing

Lwmommy Thu 02-May-19 21:17:27

What is her personality, what kind of colours and designs does she like?

If she's a fan of woolly hats i bet some of the Woolley Hugs folk on here would beg for the chance to make her a fun hat!

Teddybear45 Thu 02-May-19 21:20:23

I think GOSH used to so some. If you call them they might be able to link you up.

RevealTheLegend Thu 02-May-19 21:20:43

Buff

Buffs are great.

Really soft, versatile and loads of designs.

NeutralJanet Thu 02-May-19 21:24:26

Little princess trust provides wigs for children in these circumstances if that's something she might like?

www.littleprincesses.org.uk

runoutofnamechanges Thu 02-May-19 21:25:36

I don't know if they make them in child sizes but Suburban Turban have good chemo hats/scarves that don't slip off easily with no seams to irritate in lots of different styles (not just turbans). They do custom bridal ones so they could probably do child sizes. Silk is always good as it's light in warm weather and soft.

LostInTheColonies Thu 02-May-19 21:52:37

Same sort of idea as above - Hygge kids

We have several of these and DD (9) wears them all the time - sometimes on her head and sometimes around her neck. Or both... Adult ones fit her as she has quite a big noggin.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »