Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help me find a pushchair.

(22 Posts)
MadAsABagOfFrogs Mon 16-Jul-07 09:44:51

HELP!!! I am only 4 ft 11 inchs and I'm looking for a double buggy, prefably side by side, 3 wheels with a swivel front wheel. I have been loaned one with a fixed wheel but I am finding it a real chore as it is not very manouverable and I do a lot of walking. The handle is also way to high for my hieght.

So do any of you wonderful ladies know of one suitable for a short ass?

MadAsABagOfFrogs Mon 16-Jul-07 10:24:13

bump!!

nearlythere Mon 16-Jul-07 10:33:22

you want one with an adjustable handle- does it HAVE to be a 3-wheeler, they can be difficult to manouvre at the best of times let alone when you're petite

MadAsABagOfFrogs Mon 16-Jul-07 10:46:52

you want one with an adjustable handle- does it HAVE to be a 3-wheeler, they can be difficult to manouvre at the best of times let alone when you're petite

Hi! I had a Jeep 3 wheeler with a swivel front wheel and adjustable handle for my last pushchair and absolutley adored it, so I wondered if anyone knew of a similar one but in a double. But saying that it doesn't have to be a three wheeler it's just we do a lot of off road walking and 3 wheels are usually better for that than 4 but if any one knows of a good 4 wheeler then I am open to suggestions.

nearlythere Mon 16-Jul-07 11:14:08

i'm just having a flick through the brochures and stuff there are some- but they tend ton be very heavy! There is a double version of your jeep, but not sure about the adjustable handles etc- just going to get one out!

nearlythere Mon 16-Jul-07 11:23:52

baby jogger twin- pricy but lightweight and very hardwearing?
http://boohoobaby.co.uk/prod_show.asp?id=91&ref=froogle

MadAsABagOfFrogs Mon 16-Jul-07 12:01:10

That looks really cool. Like the one hand folding. Off to look on Ebay to see if there is a bargain. Thank you so much for that.

nearlythere Mon 16-Jul-07 12:02:08

no probs- i'll be around this afternoon with more suggestions!

thehairybabysmum Mon 16-Jul-07 12:24:19

I think i may be selling one like this if you are interested.

like this

It is brand new and lime green in colour. Basically in a moment of pregnancy hormone induced madness i have bought two types of double pram. DH unimpressed as you can imagine so i said i will sell one.

It is fab and the carrycot for the newborn is great. But the other one i have bought will i think be better for us (terraced house so smaller one better).. Im just waiting for the other one to be delivered so will know for sure in a couple of days.

Its still in the box and everything...it is a swivel three wheeler (but this can be locked) with pneumatic tyres and adjustable handle

MadAsABagOfFrogs Mon 16-Jul-07 12:34:47

It will depend how much you want for it. That would be a little out of my price range. It's more than we paid for our last car lol

thehairybabysmum Mon 16-Jul-07 13:32:03

I paid £225 for it and havent touched it so i would be looking for similar i guess.

MadAsABagOfFrogs Mon 16-Jul-07 16:16:22

Email me at tigerfeet2006 at yahoo dot co dot uk.

Before I commit myself has anyone any experiance of this pushchair?

MadAsABagOfFrogs Mon 16-Jul-07 20:52:28

bumpity bump

MadAsABagOfFrogs Mon 16-Jul-07 22:47:15

Any other twin pushchair reccomendations?

MadAsABagOfFrogs Tue 17-Jul-07 21:17:59

Anyone? Please!!

MadAsABagOfFrogs Wed 18-Jul-07 08:45:40

Surely there is someone out there with experiance of double pushchairs? Any reccomendations? Pleeeeease!!!!

MadAsABagOfFrogs Wed 18-Jul-07 13:14:21

Slowly going mad talking to myself here!!

nearlythere Wed 18-Jul-07 13:17:52

the old first wheels twin was a bit unstable on anything other than concrete because it has such a tiny front wheel, if its for town use its great though- and a bit of a bargain!

MadAsABagOfFrogs Wed 18-Jul-07 13:21:29

Thanks for that NT. We do a lot of off roading across fields, through woods and on the beach so I guess that one is out then.

Any other reccomendations?

CarGirl Wed 18-Jul-07 13:21:34

I am short too and had severe spd doing one of my pregnancies and ended up with a small age gap (14 months) so ended up trying every double on the market!

I had an alu-rax side by side with their swivel town twista wheel to make it a swivel wheel it was fantastic, very narrow and compact when folded.

I've also had a phil & ted kiwi explorer (version before e3) and that was even better - just because it was tandem therefore easier around shops/narrow pavements etc.

CarGirl Wed 18-Jul-07 13:22:57

x-posts then - the alu rax could be just it for you then, or an easy life twin? Any of the "proper" 3 wheelers with a swivel wheel should be great just check the handle height?

thehairybabysmum Wed 18-Jul-07 15:28:08

Just to say that the front wheel on the first wheels is actually 2 wheels together and not small, the stability seemed fine although i didnt take it out of my house to test properly in fairness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now