Talk

Advanced search

Photo books - are any a really good quality

(6 Posts)
lunavix Sun 15-Jul-07 10:44:17

I'm getting a bit sick of trying to print up all our photos and buy albums so I was thinking of trying some photo books... I've done a search and people seem to say that photobox is good but the quality isn't great - are there any others with better quality?

lemur Sun 15-Jul-07 21:30:23

I think it depends a lot on the quality and resolution of the photos you upload. We have had a lot of success with Photobox. My problem with their albums is that if you rearrange the pages, sometimes text gets left where it was before, but cannot be seen while you are preparing it.

KiwiEs Mon 16-Jul-07 21:56:06

I've used yophoto for photobooks on two occasions and was really pleased with the results. You have a lot of choice in terms of layout, and they will tell you if a photo isn't a high enough resolution to use at the size you want it. I used snapfish once and couldn't believe how poor the quality was compared to yohoto so don't recommend them!

teafortwoandtwofortea Mon 16-Jul-07 22:11:03

Do you mean photobooks you upload onto then have professionally printed? If so, Asda and tesco do them but the quality's not great. The best I've seen was one my brother did on shutterfly whic is a US site but by the time you've made your savings with the pound being stronger than the dollar it works out very reasonable. I've just uploaded one and am about to order it.

Lostmykeys Mon 16-Jul-07 22:13:51

A friend had a book of her family holidays from YoPhoto - it was brilliant. Would use it myself if I hadn't got the scrapbooking bug.......

dcb Tue 17-Jul-07 09:49:33

had one done with jessops/snapfish and was really pleased with it. don't have any othhers to compare with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now