Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for coffee makers please

(14 Posts)
kikidee Sun 15-Jul-07 09:29:23

I am looking for a coffee maker that will produce a truly hot cup of coffee. We have a Morphy Richards filter coffee maker that makes nice coffee but the coffee is always lukewarm by the time it has filtered through. It runs on cold water and I think it doesn't heat the water to a sufficiently high temperature. It was only £30 so I wonder whether a more expensive machine would be better?

I don't need the machine to be able to make cappuccinos, espressos etc , although I wouldn't rule it out on that basis. I would just like a hot cup of real coffee. I would be able to spend up to £100, possibly a bit more as it's going to be a birthday present from DH. Can anyone recommend one?

kikidee Sun 15-Jul-07 21:06:45

Bump...

MrsBadger Sun 15-Jul-07 21:09:51

we have a jug fikter like yours, and I just cheat and microwave the milk

Cappuccino Sun 15-Jul-07 21:10:58

one of those stovetop jobbies

I like mine

kikidee Mon 16-Jul-07 21:01:27

Thank you both. Good tip on the milk!

peachygirl Mon 16-Jul-07 21:02:58

DH has a tassimo machine, he loves it

moodlumthehoodlum Mon 16-Jul-07 21:06:54

We have a tassimo (that is the right name for those little pod things I think?) machine by magimix, and only today did I suss it out with the best cup of hot delicious yummy coffee. Now realise it is easy peasy when you know how and now incredibly excited about having Starbucks in my kitchen ! (Yes, sad I know..)

sparkler Mon 16-Jul-07 21:07:48

Oh yes the Tassimmo! We have one as well and it's great. Discs are expensive though.

SueW Mon 16-Jul-07 21:18:07

Gaggia were on special offer in House of Fraser yesterday.

Prices range from about 100-500+

WestCountryLass Mon 16-Jul-07 22:01:35

Stove top ones are the best!

expatinscotland Mon 16-Jul-07 22:02:09

We have a DeLonghi one from Argos that is still going strong after 4 years.

I don't do instant.

peachygirl Mon 16-Jul-07 22:45:10

sparkler Dh buys the pods in bulk from Boots online, they have offers sometimes.
If there isn't an offer on he gets extra points from codes or cash back by going through a special website.
He also does searches for which supermarket has pods on offer
I told you he loved it!!

kikidee Tue 17-Jul-07 21:03:46

Thanks all. The Tassimo sounds interesting - off to do some price research!

moodlumthehoodlum Wed 18-Jul-07 17:40:36

Actually I was wrong ours is a Nespresso not a tassimo, but it is brillliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now