Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have the Jane twintwo, and would you reccommend it?

(11 Posts)
notnigella Sat 14-Jul-07 19:55:30

am expecting dc2 in december and thinking about what double buggy to buy. am huge fan of my current jane matrix pro, mainly cos i love the lie-flat car seat / carrycot, so am tempted by the jane twintwo. would love to hear any views / thoughts from anyone who has one, thanks, hth

shhhh Sat 14-Jul-07 21:52:42

We looked at it annd after weks of umming and ahhhing we went to the shop to buy it. BUT...changed our mind at the last minute..

Couldn't justify the cost tbh and actually bough the cosatto duet lite and are so glad we did. TBH,the Jane is a lovely pram BUT we haven't used the twin pram that much. At 1st when ds was born we used it all the time with dd (then 21 months) but it doesn't get as much use as the single buggy and pram for ds.

IMO I would settle for a cheaper double pram. The Jane is also quite big as well..... pro's inc reclining front seat etc BUT if you can do without it....

notnigella Sun 15-Jul-07 08:46:24

thanks shhh, am thinking that i can use my old matrix carry-cot, so that reduces the price considerably

piximon Sun 15-Jul-07 12:10:22

Don't know if the powertwin is an option for you, but after comparing the twintwo and the powertwin and reading various reviews we went for the powertwin and I love it. Yes it's big and bulky but I can get in and out of shops with ease. It's so easy to steer even with two preschoolers hanging on.
Having said that have you considered the phil and ted? I had one for my first two, (19mths apart) and still love it now. I'm thinking of getting rid of my powertwin and P&T E3 and getting a P&T sport when my twins outgrow their matrix carseats.

daisyhun Sun 15-Jul-07 18:30:11

I read that the Jane car seat got a shocking safety report in the Which? tests and their statement was "Do not buy this car seat".

I didn't see the results first hand though and I am not sure whether they tested the car seat in both the lie flat and upright positions, or just lie flat.

Quiddaitch Sun 15-Jul-07 18:33:43

it was a do not buy in the lie flat, but not recommended in either position. i am gutted as i loved mine but now don't know whether i could ever use it again.

notnigella Thu 19-Jul-07 22:04:37

thanks for the tips, i hadnt heard about the poor safety record, so will def check that out. piximon, i was told that i couldnt use the matrix with the powertwin, only with the twintwo? not keen on the p&t, imho looks as if the little one is in the grocery basket like a loaf of bread!

notnigella Thu 19-Jul-07 22:19:59

could someone please tell me where i can get a copy of the which matrix review, seems to be subscription only? thanks in advance

mumlove Fri 20-Jul-07 08:53:43

This thread has the crash video on it. http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk?topicid=2411&threadid=264914#5298892 I would NEVER use one in the car in the lay flat position.

notnigella Sat 21-Jul-07 14:05:03

thanks mumlove, looks shocking! would be interesting to see other videos for comparison

notnigella Sat 21-Jul-07 14:14:46

just found the videos of the rear and forward facing upright seats, which fare no better. "rear here" and "forward here". will need to get hold of the original which report for proper comparisons.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now