Talk

Advanced search

Can a sofa be delivered by lifting over a fence?

(14 Posts)
WhoChecksTheCheckers Wed 10-Apr-19 18:52:31

I’m stressing - I have a large corner sofa being delivered and it definitely won’t fit through the front door but I have patio doors to the rear which open into the living room. The sofa will have to come through the garden gate though and the width of this is less than the height of the sofa. There are no awkward angles and no height restriction of the gate but what if it can’t fit through? blush

SickOfThePig Wed 10-Apr-19 18:53:36

I doubt they'll lift it over a fence. Sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

AllTheFunAndGames Wed 10-Apr-19 18:54:45

Are you sure it is all one piece and not in sections?

WhoChecksTheCheckers Wed 10-Apr-19 18:55:20

I’m pretty sure it’s in one piece confused

Gabrielknight Wed 10-Apr-19 18:57:20

It'll be in 2 bits. It's unlikely to be in 1 surely.... And they won't lift it over the fence....

Bluntness100 Wed 10-Apr-19 18:57:22

Normally sofas come in at an angle, so it's the diagonal measurement you need.

It's very very unusual for a corner sofa to come in one piece, it would not fit in thr vast majority of homes, so very unsellable.

Are you sure it comes in one piece?

PineapplePatty Wed 10-Apr-19 18:57:54

My large corner sofa was in three bits

mineofuselessinformation Wed 10-Apr-19 19:00:56

Is it possible to remove a panel from the fence?

SavoyCabbage Wed 10-Apr-19 19:01:14

Can you take a fence panel out?

WhoChecksTheCheckers Wed 10-Apr-19 19:02:21

Maybe it IS in more than one piece, I just assumed it was all in one for some reason.
It’s from Next if that helps, I need to call and find out.

Bluntness100 Wed 10-Apr-19 19:04:27

If it's from next it will be in pieces. They won't sell sofas that can't get into anyones home. confused

AllTheFunAndGames Thu 11-Apr-19 16:04:39

I remember having the exact same worry and when it arrived, it was in pieces. I still remember the relief of when I saw it! 😂

INeedNewShoes Thu 11-Apr-19 16:08:01

It took 4 strong men (and me helping a bit) to lift my dining table over the fence to come in via the patio doors. So even if this was the only way in, it's very unlikely a delivery firm would have enough manpower with them to do it (and they wouldn't anyway for fear of damaging fence, injury to staff etc.)

ChicCroissant Thu 11-Apr-19 16:10:26

A delivery service would not lift it over a fence.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »