Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help needed re P&T in doubles mode please!

(10 Posts)
Pannacotta Thu 12-Jul-07 22:42:35

Can anyone offer any advice re using a double P&T in baby mode?
DS2 is only 8 weeks and he seems a bit short of space in the baby bit (he is big at approx 13lb but not THAT big/long). I am putting him in head first (so I can look down at his face not his feet) but he seems almost too long for it and also his head is v close to the bottom of the toddler seat when DS1 is sitting in it.
I bought the P&T used so I don't have instructions so do wonder if the toddler seat is placed too low?
We didnt get a cocoon, am also wondering if this was a mistake? Would this make things better for him?
Can anyone help with any advice/suggesions?
TIA

MadEyeMisdee Thu 12-Jul-07 22:44:17

babies head should not be under toddlers feet.

Pannacotta Thu 12-Jul-07 22:45:52

I thought that in the cocoon you could put them in this way (not that we have one)? Sure I read that somewhere official?

funnypeevesculiar Thu 12-Jul-07 22:45:58

Put him in the other way - surely easier to see head if you put him in feet first??

Pannacotta Thu 12-Jul-07 22:47:33

What I meant was I can have eye contact with him if he is in head first (his head isnt below toddlers feet but below his bum so he looks up at me).
If he goes in feet first then he faces away so I cant look at him and vice versa.

moondog Thu 12-Jul-07 22:50:48

lol
Kid is the wrong way around panna!
Don't worry about eye contact.Give him a break from his mad gurning mother!

MadEyeMisdee Thu 12-Jul-07 22:51:23

you can put him in either way but ONLY in single mode!

in doubles, must be the other way. its in case toddler slips down the seat and tramples on babies head.

Pannacotta Thu 12-Jul-07 22:54:35

Ok ok point taken!
I am most def not a mad gurning mother!! Its just that we dont get much eye to eye at the mo with very lively DS1 about!
But he still seems a bit LONG, is this normal? Thought it lasted up to 6 months in baby mode.
Might he be better contained in a cocoon? I find the whole baby section a bit wobbly/flimsy, dont want him falling out!

moondog Thu 12-Jul-07 22:56:01

Cocoon very cosy.Mine slept like a dream in it.Even when ds didn't use it I made a little nest with fleeces and what have yer in the bottom bit as it did seem a little lairy, yes

lilKelBel Fri 13-Jul-07 08:38:58

hi
my DD is 7 weeks and we have a P&T too. I reckon the cocoon would only shrink the available space as it's quite padded IYSWIM. It's a great thing though shame your baby is a bit big for it - so easy to pop them in at naptime and then slide them into the buggy if you need to go somewhere...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now