Talk

Advanced search

Help! My eyebrows are disappearing!

(12 Posts)
OccidentalPurist Mon 01-Apr-19 17:13:21

I'm in my late 40s and for the last few years I've noticed that my eyebrows have got thinner. I wasn't too fussed as I just thought I could live with thinner.

However, in the last month or so they've started to get very sparse and I'm panicking that they're going to disappear completely!

I wondered therefore if anyone could recommend something that would help them to grow (I've heard castor oil is good) and also a really good quality eyebrow pencil. I tried Mac eyebrow mascara and looked ridiculous btw.

SweetAsSpice Mon 01-Apr-19 17:15:43

Yes to castor oil, every night. You have to give it time to work, but it will!

polloppllo Mon 01-Apr-19 17:23:04

https://nailsandbrows.me/christmas/

yikesanotherbooboo Mon 01-Apr-19 17:48:52

It can be a sign of an under active thyroid so consider asking your GP.
I have a nice hourglass eyebrow mascara which requires no skill to apply if that appeals!

OccidentalPurist Mon 01-Apr-19 23:18:12

Thanks @SweetAsSpice - which castor oil do you use? Is it a special one specifically for brows, or do I just ask in a chemist for basic castor oil?

Thanks @yikesanotherbooboo - is this mascara quite subtle as the Mac one I tried made me look ridiculous? That's interesting about the thyroid gland, but I always thought it made people overweight and I'm reasonably slim. If not, I'll see my GP.

NotMyUsualTopBilling Mon 01-Apr-19 23:22:57

My Mum developed menopausal alopecia in her late 40's, started out with her eyebrows too.

She used Benefit brow pencils then shelled out for micro-blading which has boosted her confidence no end!

Chilledout11 Mon 01-Apr-19 23:30:16

Microblading is brilliant

TheCraicDealer Mon 01-Apr-19 23:36:22

I've always had fair sparse eyebrows which looked amazing with mousey brown hair, as you can imagine. Assuming there's no underlying medical issue causing the hair to thin, just get them microbladed or tattooed. Life is too short to draw your eyebrows on from scratch every day. It does fade over time (several years) so if you decided at a later date you wanted to stop they will go eventually- don't assume you'd be 80 with grey hair and stuck with dark eyebrows!

OccidentalPurist Mon 01-Apr-19 23:56:49

Wow - microblading - didn't really know what this was but will Google tomorrow thanks!

Amy326 Tue 02-Apr-19 00:03:36

I haven’t tried it yet but I’ve been looking at a product called Rapidbrow to make them grow! It’s supposed to be very good. I’m using Rapidlash at the moment to make my eyelashes grow and it is working so I think I’ll try the brow product too. But yes microblading is also amazing as long as you find someone who is good at it! Just expensive

SweetAsSpice Tue 02-Apr-19 09:30:13

A cold pressed one is best, I use this

www.amazon.co.uk/Naissance-Cold-Pressed-Castor-250ml/dp/B004RG7CTU/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?s=gateway&crid=2P4HEO0KBLYJP&keywords=cold+pressed+castor+oil&sprefix=cold+presse&tag=mumsnetforu03-21&qid=1554193724&sr=8-3

Great for eyelashes too wink

OccidentalPurist Tue 02-Apr-19 09:38:29

@SweetAsSpice thanks for the link - I've just ordered some!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: