Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Clarks village, Street, - is it worth the journey?

(12 Posts)
imnot27 Tue 10-Jul-07 16:27:54

I live just over an hour from Clarks village in Somerset, and am debating whether to go and get school shoes for my three children. How likely am I to find shoes for all of them? TIA!

OrmIrian Tue 10-Jul-07 16:29:30

Well..... if it was anything else I'd say it might be worth it as you can get some bargains. But kids school shoes - I wouldn't really bother. They have a very small selection and they are still pretty pricey TBH.

essbeehindyou Tue 10-Jul-07 16:30:32

Message withdrawn

imnot27 Tue 10-Jul-07 16:31:07

Oh really? I don't really want to do loads of shopping, just the shoes really. Perhaps I should just get them nearer home then.Thanks OrmIrian.

imnot27 Tue 10-Jul-07 16:31:45

Crikey, crossed threads and conflicting advice! £5 v good for Clarks shoes....

essbeehindyou Tue 10-Jul-07 16:33:50

Message withdrawn

OrmIrian Tue 10-Jul-07 16:35:11

Ah well...I am a cheapskate .

I think that non-school shoes are better - more choice.

flibbertyjibbet Tue 10-Jul-07 16:48:29

I used to go to the Clarks outlet at Kendal on way to visit outlaws in the lakes. I stopped going (well Ihear its been demolished now so can't go anymore anyway!!) as there was never enough choice for boys, and the discounts weren't that great for what is basically left over stock and ends of lines and a bit of a treck to get to.
I just wait for the normal sale in my local Mothercare as it has a Clarks corner, just got 4 pairs for my ds's all at least 50% off.

OrmIrian Tue 10-Jul-07 16:50:45

"as there was never enough choice for boys"

I think that's the main problem. One colour and usually about 2 styles. Less if your DC is in the larger sizes .

clutteredup Tue 10-Jul-07 16:54:56

I do it takes me about 40 mins. They don't always have the right shoes as DS has long tin feet, but it's worth it financially as you get a lot of money off. They also have a great children's play area ( outside only I'm afraid) which my DC love and are allowed to go to 'if they are good in the shoe shop'. Good idea not to leave till end of hols as it does get very busy but then it depends if your dcs feet will grow in the summer. I leave it till thelast minute and then try to make the shoes last till the begining of the summer- I am a cheapskate Oh yes take sandwiches the food court is awful.

clutteredup Tue 10-Jul-07 16:56:00

Sorry DS has this feet not tin feet!!!

clutteredup Tue 10-Jul-07 16:56:31

nooooo thiN feet, I can't spell

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now