Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Carseats for Freelander!

(4 Posts)
samiep Mon 09-Jul-07 12:13:01

I am having a car seat dilema - my mum has a freelander (W reg I think) and I don't know what car seat will go in there! She has a Britax Stage 2 (the one from 9 months to 4 years) which fits perfectly, but we now need the next stage on for my 3 year old as my 10 month old need the Britax. I have a Jane Indy in my car but hers doesn't have isofix and it is just too wobbly without. All suggestions greatly received.

tissy Mon 09-Jul-07 12:16:57

Maxi Cosi Rodi

Great results in Which? tests. Fitted our Freelander no problem. It will feel wobbly, but isn't really, it's just that you are used to Isofix, or a seat which is permanently strapped in with the seat belt.

Our Maxi Cosi fells wobbly, but is essentially a booster seat with a back. You use the three-point seat belt to strap the child in, and it won't tighten unless the car stops suddenly, just like your seat belt.

tissy Mon 09-Jul-07 12:23:10

Actually, now I come to think of it, the Maxi Cosis Rodi (without Isofix) did better in the Which? tests than the Jane Indy Plus with Isofix. The reason was that the Jane has only two Isofix points, not three, and is therefore deemed (by Which?)to be no better than a seat without Isofix.

We have both, the Jane Indy Plus in DH's Golf (which we bought because it was the only Stage 3 seat with Isofix at the time), and the Maxi Cosi Rodi in my Volvo- bought that when I had the Freelander (no Isofix), and moved it into the Volvo, which does have Isofix, as it scored better than the Jane.

MummyDarlingSausage Mon 09-Jul-07 13:05:03

I just bought a Maxi Cosi Rodi XP for our Discovery and it has a seperate 'track' bit that you slide underneath the back of the seat. It enables the seat to slide forward to a reclining position or backwards to be upright and this helps keep the seat quite steady.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now