Advanced search

What to call those little metal oblong windows on the front of filing cabinet drawers where you can slide in a 'contents' card?

(8 Posts)
miljee Sun 08-Jul-07 19:41:14

They're often brass and sometimes have a little handle you use to pull the actual file drawer out! I've just made up some Ikea 'Fira' mini drawers sets and I want to store nails/screws/ odds'n'sods in them but I don't want to write directly on the drawer fronts. The doodahs I'm looking for are possibly screw on or even stick on. You write the contents on a bit of card and slide them in thus can change the bit of card when the contents change! Hope someone can help as it's impossible to find them without a name!

ChippyMinton Sun 08-Jul-07 21:47:34


miljee Mon 09-Jul-07 08:29:01

Further evidence of your genius, Chippy. Many thanks!

TranquilaManana Mon 09-Jul-07 08:30:05

oh fantastic, ive been looking for these...

TranquilaManana Mon 09-Jul-07 08:31:43

now..., what about a nice 'mind your head' sign in french.....??

TranquilaManana Mon 09-Jul-07 08:40:39

thought tha might be too much to ask.... lol

ChippyMinton Mon 09-Jul-07 09:17:05

"s'occuper de votre tête"?????????

Get piece of cardboard and a marker pen. Inscribe the above words et...voila!

<skips away singing i am a genius>

TranquilaManana Mon 09-Jul-07 09:29:04

cardboard and marker pen?? no no no, i want classier than that!

Must Try Harder.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: