Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Rear facing pushchairs, any thoughts please.

(9 Posts)
auntypurple Sun 08-Jul-07 18:51:08

Hello,
Need some advice, I have had a loola, felt too unstable like it would fall apart. I have an Infinity which I love, but the hood is driving me mad, it's naff. Also have a bebecar tracker atm, love the seat, hood and raincover but it's too big for the bus.
I want rear facing with a lie flat seat, and a nice big hood. Any suggestions please? I have come across the bebecar x fold on ebay, which reads like it is rear and forward facing, looking into it tho I think it's only rear facing as a pram. Does anyone know what its like please. Thanks for reading

tutu100 Sun 08-Jul-07 18:53:07

the bebecar r-versus is front and rear facing IIRC, but you can't collapse it if the seat is on rear facing. I haven't tried one but would have liked one if we could have afforded it.

auntypurple Mon 09-Jul-07 09:33:12

sorry what does IIRC mean? not come across that before. I do like the look of the bebecar r-versus but not too sure if it's too much like the loola. No where down here stocks it so I can't go and have a look in rl. Thanks

MrsBadger Mon 09-Jul-07 09:52:02

(IIRC is 'if I remember correctly')

I think you're chasing the impossible here - a lie-flat rear-facer with a big hood that folds small...

If dd/ds is less than 6mo you'll get away with a pramette like the M&P ones or the Silver Cross 3d as they'll still be small enough to go in the pram bit.
After that the X-fld and the R-verso are both worth a look but I think you might be disappointed.

auntypurple Mon 09-Jul-07 10:20:20

thanks Mrsbadger, dosen't need to fold small, just be small enough to fit on the bus, got the loola and the infinity on no problem. My dd is a real pain, she wont stay in the mclaren more than 5 mins without screaming. She wants to see me(god knows why lol), but wants to be sat upright at the same time. TBH I think I am looking for the impossible. Found out the x-fold is only rear facing as a pramette.

SBJ Fri 17-Aug-07 14:03:34

Just to add, don't buy the Bebe car R versus, which faces rear and forward. The main body of the buggy, in which our 4 month old daughter was sleeping at the time came away from the frame and toppled over backwards with her in it. We had just gone over a drain cover. Obviousy shaken we put it back on a checked several times that we had done it right. Ten minutes later and with the buggy only at a slight incline, the same happened, this time our daughter fell on the road. I can't belive the quality was so poor and the outcome could have been much worse. The internet based distributers have not been helpful. We have since bought an all in one Maclarens and I wish I had got one at the beginning, it is light and she is very happy in it.

Dropdeadfred Fri 17-Aug-07 14:07:35

sbj - thats too shocking to think about!
Was she hurt?

Dropdeadfred Fri 17-Aug-07 14:09:57

Auntypurple why did the loola not fit the bill?

LindaCymru Fri 17-Aug-07 14:24:52

Hi, just to note...the Silver Cross 3D is only rear-facing as a pramette. When used as a pushchair it's forward facing only! I loved my 3D as a pramette but DS outgrew it all too soon. I do not like the fact that he faces away from me now. I've just got to get DH to agree to a new one now my Mat pay has ceased.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now