Talk

Advanced search

Please help us choose a new car!!!

(4 Posts)
SurferRosa Sat 07-Jul-07 12:32:57

Mum has decided to get us a car for her and me to use, as DS1 will be going to a primary school a bit too far to walk every day.

Very exciting but where do we start? She and Dad found a good offer on a Peugeot 107 but it turns out we can't get even the smallest buggy we have into the tiny boot (Pliko).

It doesn't have to be a big car, just big enough for me, a 4yo and a newborn and their respective seats, maybe mum too, and some shopping. Oh and of course a pushchair

Don't want to go over £8,000 so any ideas?

Muchos Grazias

Wisteria Sat 07-Jul-07 22:33:49

Focus Tdci 1.8D
Excellent running about car, plenty of poke so it's fun and a big boot but still a hatch- had to sell mine recently to buy a 'big' car as dog needed more room (and we're going to France soon so needed more wine space ). I had zero problems with it and it was fun! Everyone I know who has one is 100% happy which you don't hear very often..

SurferRosa Sun 08-Jul-07 10:01:39

Thanks Wisty

Will look into it!

RubySlippers Sun 08-Jul-07 10:13:53

second vote for a Focus - we have got a Ghia 1.8
Y reg and still going strong - passed MOT on FRiday with no probs
had to spend a bit of money on it last year but that has been it
totally reliable, economical on fuel and safe
we are going to hang onto it and run it into the ground and then we will get another

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now