Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Need urgent help with my bugaboo

(15 Posts)
CarGirl Fri 06-Jul-07 22:23:40

well I washed the seat unit as per the instructions, now how do I get it dry? The foam bit is still wet after hours on the line??????

Misdee Fri 06-Jul-07 22:24:50

put it in the airing cupboard overnight

mazzystar Fri 06-Jul-07 22:25:52

i put mine on a radiator, didn't shrink. but its always a risk

CarGirl Fri 06-Jul-07 22:41:43

no airing cupboard and it's too warm for the heating to go on! So it will dry eventually then, think I'll surface wash it next time!

pooka Fri 06-Jul-07 22:52:44

I didn't even realise you could clean that bit! Just occasionally chuck the fleece covers in the wash and they dry in next to no time.

CarGirl Fri 06-Jul-07 22:59:01

I only have a frog!

amazonianwoman Sat 07-Jul-07 21:21:10

I used to have a Frog - just left it to air dry, but it does take forever!

ScottishMummy Sun 08-Jul-07 11:22:42

i have cameleon i hang the fabric seat unit on rail over bath usaully dry@12-24 hours, i dont wash the foam bit that inserts into the seat - does not get dirt as it is covered by seat fabric

CarGirl Sun 08-Jul-07 14:15:56

it's the sponge bit you can't remove that's the problem plus the plastic strips as that stops air flow through - I think it's almost dry - will surface wash it next time -

katylui1 Sun 08-Jul-07 17:26:14

I washed the matress in the carrycot unit and it took 3 DAYS! Just had to leave it in the sun and turn it over every now and then...could try a hairdryer??

ScottishMummy Sun 08-Jul-07 19:33:47

ah i understand now!do u have another pram to use while it dries?

accessorizewithbabysick Sun 08-Jul-07 21:20:20

I'm sure I took the foam out, does it not come out?

CarGirl Sun 08-Jul-07 22:24:24

one bit of foam comes out the rest is stitched in place, I have many pushchairs but I need my bug for the school rund tomorrow anything else is too much like hard work to push now!

accessorizewithbabysick Mon 09-Jul-07 10:31:58

Ahh, yes I think I remember this problem now. What about future proofing and using a liner on the frog so you never have to wash the cover again?! This is what I'm planning with my mountain buggy, so used a sheepskin liner from the start - something more washable might be better tho.

CarGirl Mon 09-Jul-07 20:48:18

my posh bugs set is on order but it doesn't cover the seat bit but I can't see me really needing to wash it again until I sell it - I'll be using it for another year at the most

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now