Talk

Advanced search

Should a 3 year old be in a pushchair

(10 Posts)
pinkfluffs Fri 22-Feb-19 00:21:15

I do not drive but my 3 year old does get tired and don't want to walk everywhere just yet and she does not behave herself on public transportation the only way she's good is in a buggy but do you think she's to old to be in one ? Please help xx

AtrociousCircumstance Fri 22-Feb-19 00:23:19

Of course she’s not too old.

Sotheyallrolledover Fri 22-Feb-19 00:25:33

Put her in the buggy if it works. I can't believe that anyone would notice/ care!

GreenTulips Fri 22-Feb-19 00:25:56

It’s not us juggling the bus shopping and a toddler

Split between walking when safe to do so and push chair when not of fine

zen1 Fri 22-Feb-19 00:27:37

Not at all. If it makes things easier for you and her, then why wouldn’t you use a pushchair?

NameyMcNameChange1 Fri 22-Feb-19 00:29:56

I quite often put my 3yo in his buggy on the school run. I’m starting to feel a bit self conscious about it now as all the other kids his age walk/ are driven in. It’s about a half mile walk to school and dc1 scoots, I jog with the buggy. Dc2 would happily scoot too but the few times I’ve tried it he’s nearly killed himself scooting into the road and I can’t trust him to stop when I tell him too. So, for now at least, he’s been demoted back to his buggy.

RogueV Fri 22-Feb-19 00:30:10

Nope not at all.

Doobydoobeedoo Fri 22-Feb-19 00:30:41

A pushchair involves sitting in a seat and being transported by wheels. I don't see how it's all that different from sitting in a car seat in a car and being transported by wheels.

Do whatever works for you.

Designerenvy Fri 22-Feb-19 00:31:04

All my 3 were in a buggy til they were nearly 4. They needed it. Sometimes they walked next to but hopped when they got tired. I see no.problem with it . It had no long lasting effects on mine ( that know of wink)

SusanWalker Fri 22-Feb-19 00:33:23

Not at all. I used to take a buggy for long walks up till four years old. DD could walk as much as she was able, then go in the pushchair.

In fact I kept it until she was six as she had very bad asthma at the time and I used to use it when her chest was bad so as not to trigger a bad attack.

She was very small for her age so it probably didn't look as bad as it might have done.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: